Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
It's Sonny Landreth.

I know this because Clapton himself told me so in the video at 7:03.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Jeff Beck? He's listed in the info under the video and is the only one who remotely resembles that guy.

/fail.

·
Descender
1,940 Posts
It's Sonny Landreth for sure, because bikeboy389 told me what Eric Clapton said.

Been around for a long time - was in John Hiatt's band the Goners for a couple of albums, and is a big time studio musician in both Nashville and LA. Has released several albums of his own as well.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
even without Mr Clapton's announcement, it's Sony Landreth, no doubt. Phenomenal slide guitarist from Louisiana, good friend of John Hiatts and one of the Goners.

I saw him at Taste of Madison one year.....I have one of his albums .....he is really good. INCREDIBLY distinctive style...

I actually got to talk to him before his set, he is a very soft spoken, modest man. He was concerned about following Marcus Bovre and the Evil Twins......

·
off the back
15,581 Posts
He did an album with Eric Johnson recently, or Johnson appeared on a track or two.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
if I had hear that cut on the radio I would EASILY been able to pick out Sonny Landreth, I'll say it again.....his style is SOOOOOOOOOOOO distinctive

Eric Johnson is too

·
off the back
15,581 Posts
See, when I first heard it, I couldn't tell who was playing what. it all sounded like Eric Johnson to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts