Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using SPD 747's on my road bike and on my tandem. They work well for me because I'm mostly a restaurant-to-restaurant rider so I appreciate the recessed cleat, and because I think they operate much more "crisply" than the less expensive Shimano pedals.

I'd like to switch to a one sided, more road oeiented, pedal. Does anybody know if Shimano makes a one sided pedal with a similar, upgraded, SPD mechanism?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I didn't tell the whole story the first time.

For whatever reason, I have had more trouble getting acclimated to using clipless pedals than anyone I know. I tried several different brands, including ATACs. I almost gave up on clipless entirely because I got tired of providing the entertainment for my mountain biking buddies. Eventually I stumbled on the combination of genuine Shimano SPD pedals and the SH55 zero float cleat.

Currently, besides the 747s, I have a pair of 324s on my beater bike and a couple pairs of Specialized pedals on other bikes that I ride. The Specialized pedals don't release nearly as nicely as Shimano but that might be because I'm using Shimano cleats. I'm thinking I'd like to pick up a couple more pairs of Shimano pedals. Since 747s are my favorite, I thought if I could find one sided pedals with the same mechanism, that's what I would get. Otherwise I might try something like Ritchey Logic Pros. Anybody have any other ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.