Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
personally, i love them. i think they look great under helmets and just trotting around, and i'm always trolling ebay for them. there's also a nice mail-order place based in p-burgh that makes nice ones to spec and charges less than 20 bucks a piece... anyway, they don't seem to be very popular around here, and most of the pics i see are european pro's or fixey hipsters...

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
Only headgear that looks dumber than a baseball cap.

Sorry, but not me. I'm a big guy with a big head (7-7/8 or 8 hat), and both baseball caps and cycling caps make me look like a ballpoint pen standing on end. I have a few as mementoes, but even if they fit, I wouldn't wear them.
At least they're fairly rare. What I REALLY don't understand is the national fascination with baseball caps. They don't shade anything but your eyes, leaving the rest of you exposed to the skin cancer gods, and everybody in the world looks foolish in them. But you guys go ahead....

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
Cory said:
At least they're fairly rare. What I REALLY don't understand is the national fascination with baseball caps. They don't shade anything but your eyes, leaving the rest of you exposed to the skin cancer gods, and everybody in the world looks foolish in them. But you guys go ahead....
I saw a guy on the trail a couple weeks ago riding with a baseball cap stuffed bill first down the back of his shorts (he was wearing a helmet on his head). I wish I had asked why because it still puzzles me.

I am a big fan of cycling caps, personally.

·
I like Chicken
1,442 Posts
PeanutButterBreath said:
I saw a guy on the trail a couple weeks ago riding with a baseball cap stuffed bill first down the back of his shorts (he was wearing a helmet on his head). I wish I had asked why because it still puzzles me.

I am a big fan of cycling caps, personally.
To cover Helmet Head after the ride.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Face it, unless it is raining out, bike caps make you look somewhat of a nerd.
Hell, even if it's raining out, they still make you look like a nerd.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
"It seems to work for Contador..."
Is that your name??
Do you also wear a pink kit??

·
Descender
2,213 Posts
It would be nice of they made bike hats in a breathable material like headsweats or Voler.

I wear a headsweat skullcap under my helmet - works great for sweat and sun protection - and a headsweat style baseball cap when outside not riding. Once you wear the breathable units - regualr baseball hats seem way too hot.

Fair skinned baldy here

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
i like them. allows me to keep my nasty nest of hair in the helmet. also gives me something to wear off the bike when i run errands.

i dont like the fact the helmet fits funny sometimes. i dont always wear one, but on cooler days it is nice.

·
Banned
7,191 Posts
I wear a cycling cap under my helmet year round when I'm riding to work.

I've found that if you put the cap on carefully then throw your helmet on over that, you arrive at work with no helmet hair.

I like that. Especially when I've not gotten my hair cut in like 4 months.

·
i like whiskey
8,493 Posts
I like em. They keep my balding melon covered and safe from sunburn. Lately I've been wearing them every ride. It surprising how well the little brim works when it's flipped down too. I probably look like a dork, but in general rolling around in skin tight lycra makes you look like a dork anyway. So what's one more piece. Only another cyclist would notice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.