Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious who makes the Forte Axis brand forks from Performance. They have a 380 gram (I think) all Carbon fork for $139 - that is pretty tough to beat, even on EBay and they warranty their stuff. Just curious if it is a decent product from a reputable company. Likely Taiwan or China but most stuff is made there, isn't it?

· Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
You can pickup branded forks on Ebay for $139 or under shipped.

Reynolds, Scott, Felt, Alpha Q, Bianchi, etc...

Carbon forks on ebay are a dime a dozen. Yeah no warranty, but what is it gonna do? Explode?

· your text here
13,203 Posts
my axis fork has treated me well for 4 years. i have the straight bladed one. when i asked who made it, along with the frames, they couldnt tell me. one of those, "i could tell you but id have to kill you" things. but when you get down to it, all products may have individual issues. heck, you can probably find a few bad thompsen seatposts if you look.

i have seen photos of one that completely sheared off one of the legs, though. that was bad.

· Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
I have the Al steerer model and "Kinesis" is stamped on both of the (Al) dropouts. Not that this proves anything, as some other company could be using Kinesis dropouts. The box says that the fork was made in Taiwan.

Making CF forks isn't rocket science any more.

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I have a Forte' curved fork with a carbon steerer. I've ridden it for about 3 years. No issues.

· Militant commuter
943 Posts
I have the Forte'/Kinesis straight-leg "bladed" fork (aluminum steerer)...and it looks just like a fork on Kinesis' own website. I've had no problems whatsoever with it -- and I believe it actually makes me faster! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.