Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Inching to 1000 (again)
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Michelins from Performance, but they are light weight and tend to puncture easily. Does Michelin or any other manufacturer produce a standard weight tube for a 700 x 23 tire with a smooth valve stem? If yes, where did you find them? Thanks.

· Banned
2,767 Posts
Slim Chance said:
I have Michelins from Performance, but they are light weight and tend to puncture easily. Does Michelin or any other manufacturer produce a standard weight tube for a 700 x 23 tire with a smooth valve stem? If yes, where did you find them? Thanks.
Puncture easily? So does any other butyl tube. The Michelin tubes that I run in my clinchers, in Arizona, puncture no more easily than the Specialized, Performance brand, or any other tube that I've thrown in.

· Chili hed & old bike fixr
1,197 Posts
Slim Chance said:
Michelin has 2 different weight tubes in 700-23, both have smooth stems. Also offer both choices in 55 mm stems, smooth. Get your LBS to order them from Ochsner International, or QBP. Buy a box of 10 and they will be more agreeable. Sell some to your buds or put them on a shelf in your cool dark closet in a sealed zip lock. They will stay fresh for years. The heavier tubes are called the A-1 R tube and weighs 89 Gm with a 36 M stem. The light one is the A-1 Comp and weighs 60GM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.