Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a good jersey for general-purpose cycling and training, just wondered what everybody here likes. i often wear a rapha fixed cycling tshirt for commuting, and their jerseys are beautiful but too pricey for me at the moment. i'm looking for a relatively plain- looking one, i don't need (or want) a team jersey with a bunch of euro sponsers on it. thanks in advance for any help!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have tried various jerseys and always go back to Primal Wear. Yea - I know lots of people hate Primal's graphics (they do have some plain ones too), but I really like the fabric they make the jerseys from. Soft, light wt, durable, and it works.

Just my $0.02

·
Premium Member
20,696 Posts
tindrum said:
looking for a good jersey for general-purpose cycling and training, just wondered what everybody here likes. i often wear a rapha fixed cycling tshirt for commuting, and their jerseys are beautiful but too pricey for me at the moment. i'm looking for a relatively plain- looking one, i don't need (or want) a team jersey with a bunch of euro sponsers on it. thanks in advance for any help!:thumbsup:

Voler...www.velowear.com

·
Unlabeled
3,729 Posts
tindrum said:
Woolistic.http://www.vintagevelos.com/jer-gray3.html

I'd rather have 2 nice wool jerseys than a closet full of Lycra

·
Registered
381 Posts
Another vote for Nashbar. I usually wait for a sale, but like their mostly plain designs with just their subtle little "n" swoosh logo on the back pocket. I just got a new Performance jersey (Elite), but it was too short for me in the front. I am a tall rider (6'5.5") so I need all the length I can get. I may try another style from Performance (Century II) and see if it fits any better. If not, I'll buy another from Nashbar.

BTW, the material of the Performance Elite jersey and the Nashbar Premium jersey appears to be identical. Same goes for most of the construction details. They both say made in Mexico too. I would not be at all surprised that they are made by the same company and then private labeled for Performance and Nashbar, respectively.

Later,

Jay B.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was just checking the Nashbar website, and while I was looking at the Nashbar Premium jersey they marked the price down to $22.49, or 50% off. Lot of jersey for the $$ IMO.

Later,

Jay B.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
My current favorite is a white and black Exte Ondo full zip jersey, it's mainly white with some black panels and black stitching, my favorite bibs are all black with white stitching, it goes with any and all of my bikes. Also, since I'm unattached, I wear this for racing, which is great because almost no teams wear white and black.

·
Descender
2,213 Posts
The function of the jerseys is probably what you are interested in.

I use Pearl (slightly heavier fabric but comfortable and lasts forever)
Nalini (great for hot days - really light -not the best fit for me)
Voler (best overall cool on hot days - good feeling fabric - also durable)
Veloz (no name bought off internet cheap - poor wicking - therefore uncomfortable - poor fit)

Also, I tend to buy light colors to stay cooler in the heat - you can feel the difference between dark and light for sure.

Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.