Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tourist
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was talking to a LBS this evening about bolts with allen wrench end (to discourage wheel theft a little bit). He told me to look on the web for bolts that require a Torx wrench. Even better against wheel thieves, but where do I get that ???

Actually when I think of it, I need a whole skewer set, not only bolts...

Thanks,

Pierre

·
Registered
356 Posts
Probably won't find them

I have a set of the skewers Mudman posted. They take a hex wrench, but Torx is different -- it's a star-shaped head.

The rod looks like a long bolt that is threaded only at the end. It has a standard head (the flared-out grippy part is essentially a washer), but it's hard to see that from the pictures supplied. I think replacing it with a regular Torx bolt would work, except that Torx bolts are very hard to find in metric.

But if you want the best security for your wheels, you should get the kryptonite or pitlock locking skewers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just imported a shipment of PITLOCK skewers from Europe. The manufacturer doesn't accept credit cards (only wire transfer $$$) and the retail prices in Europe are super high. I signed with the manufacturer as a dealer so that I could at least get shipments here at a reasonable price. My URL is in my profile and signature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts