Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High of 83--no wind. I have got major spring fever today. Gonna have to think of some excuse to knock off early or I'm gonna go nuts.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
I don't

Bocephus Jones II said:
High of 83--no wind. I have got major spring fever today. Gonna have to think of some excuse to knock off early or I'm gonna go nuts.
yours truly just sent her last email and finished a big chunk o' revision and will be out on the bike in ten minutes.

neener neener neener!!! :p :p :D

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Saweet!

eagleson520 said:
I wish I could take off too, but I have a '66 Mustang that's kickin' my a$$ right now. :mad:
That's what my first car was...in 1990. A restomodded one with deep dish Cragers. Damn, I loved that car.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
We're having our first cloud-free day in what seems like months. The wind is calm and the temp is going to hit 70 today and I'm sitting in front of this stupid computer. I'm taking a day off tomorrow and hoping the weather will last through the weekend.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Same here

weather is beautiful 9well maybe a little warm), but I am stuck a work with a killer headache and a brand new frame sitting at home waiting for me to finish building up and then riding the snot out of it.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lonefrontranger said:
yours truly just sent her last email and finished a big chunk o' revision and will be out on the bike in ten minutes.

You bringin the fixie on the cruiser ride tonite? It's bound to be a lot bigger cause of the weather and daylight savings--not crazy big yet though. Cowboy theme has been announced.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
I am!

Bocephus Jones II said:
You bringin the fixie on the cruiser ride tonite? It's bound to be a lot bigger cause of the weather and daylight savings--not crazy big yet though. Cowboy theme has been announced.
and I may even have convinced one type each hot dude with his own Pista to show up, too. he has a prior commitment at 6, but said he'd try to call me to hook up with us out on the town. he can rock one of those lime green-blue-and-white Kelme jerseys and still look amazing, so I somehow think he'll manage to find something appropriately risque for the Cruze.

and yea if it gets too sketchy I may wimp out and flip the hub. Sadly I sold all my cowboy gear when I got out of showing Quarter Horses years ago.

I'm outty! The 'nag and I are headed for the hills.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,401 Posts
Took a few days off to ride and work around the house. Off Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun.
Wed, rode solo on a warm windy afternoon. Today, I'll ride solo for an hour or two before I do the usual Thursday evening group ride. Fri, I'll go down to the shop for a moderate team ride. Sat, race. Sun, race.
This would have been a perfect extra long weekend, except my cat died Tues evening. 20+ years old and was in pretty good shape for the equivilent 105 year old man. Had to bury him Wed morning....bummer.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,208 Posts
eagleson520 said:
I wish I could take off too, but I have a '66 Mustang that's kickin' my a$$ right now. :mad:
If it's a fastback, you are doing the right thing. If it's a notchback, screw it and go for a ride.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Damn Grumpy. Was he a cranky old bastard? Those are my favorite kind of dog. They take care of themselves and don't want you coming anywhere near them.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,401 Posts
No, he was a very "dog like" cat. Both Macho and friendly at the same time. The only cat that I've ever known that could hiss and purr at the same time. Not too smart. Would always fall for the same tricks. Would always fall to sleep on the arm of a couch, and then proceed to fall off. Would then look at you to give the look....."I meant to do that"

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
counting down....1/2 hour before I can slip out of here and not get crap for it...............................................................man it looks nice outside. :cool:

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
yo BoJo!

Bocephus Jones II said:
counting down... man it looks nice outside. :cool:
I'm not too sure what reality you've been inhabiting but dude... the wind has been frickin howling since about ten. forsooth, it doth blow prodigiously. and blowing, also doth it suck. compleatly.

hope you're planning to ride to Kansas. we'll be missin you on the cruiser ride if that's the case.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
lonefrontranger said:

*b!tch*:D (said with love of course.....)

G

·
I am sitting here watching the sun disappear behind clouds, the Bankruptcy Act and a pile of cases on my desk and no real prospect of getting out of here anytime soon.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lonefrontranger said:
I'm not too sure what reality you've been inhabiting but dude... the wind has been frickin howling since about ten. forsooth, it doth blow prodigiously. and blowing, also doth it suck. compleatly.

hope you're planning to ride to Kansas. we'll be missin you on the cruiser ride if that's the case.
I'm in a cubicle on the 19th floor in Denver right now so hard to gauge wind in Boulder--absolutely no wind here--must be the Chinook thing going on with the increase in temps, but all I'm ridin is a cruiser tonite so no big deal...wind tends to die down in the afternoon anyway.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Went for a nice little ride on my fixie today around town. It was absolutley gorgeous.

joe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts