Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,525 Posts
Bag Balm

I've recently started using Bag Balm(R) with good results, particularly with early-stage saddle sores. I wanted something to use when I noticed a saddle sore was getting started. I tried it because Bag Balm(R) is much less aggressive the Neosporin. BB clears up the nescent sore very well. It's cheap, too, and comes in a handy-dandy tin. The large tin is a bit much to drag around in a gear bag, but there's a small tin thatwould be quite portable.

Of course, Bag Balm has eminent retro roots, so once you start using it you might find yourself wearing a wool jersey once in awhile...

· Frog Whisperer
41,516 Posts
PdxMark said:
I've recently started using Bag Balm(R) with good results, particularly with early-stage saddle sores. I wanted something to use when I noticed a saddle sore was getting started. I tried it because Bag Balm(R) is much less aggressive the Neosporin. BB clears up the nescent sore very well. It's cheap, too, and comes in a handy-dandy tin. The large tin is a bit much to drag around in a gear bag, but there's a small tin thatwould be quite portable.

Of course, Bag Balm has eminent retro roots, so once you start using it you might find yourself wearing a wool jersey once in awhile...

and bathing in woolite?.....OH........wait....wrong species

· Registered
6,319 Posts
thanks

Cory said:
I've never had one, so I decided not to give you the benefit of my expertise...but I just came across this on the Rivendell site:
http://www.rivbike.com/html/rr_saddle_sores.html
Interesting article. I am not why sure he doesn't recommend just using Bag Balm as a chamois cream. This works well for me and many cyclists. I am not sure I buy into his argument that you don't need to regularly wash your shorts if they are smeared with vaseline... yuck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.