Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts
Ryder just.

uped for 3 more years with Garmin.. I think RS only has one year left, because that is why Sanchez didn't go to them.. They could only offer a one year contract.. I read a quote from Brunyel (SP) that he had no idea what the team would do next year.. I think Phinney would be wise to go else where.. He's a very gifted rider, won the U23 Paris Roubaix, so he may be more of a classics rider..

Speaking of classics, can't believe Horner isn't racing San Sebastian tomorrow.. Hasn't he done really well in that race..

You guy have all forgotten, Popovich was 3rd in the Giro at 23... Maybe it isn't to late for him..

Mosovich said:
uped for 3 more years with Garmin.. I think RS only has one year left, because that is why Sanchez didn't go to them.. They could only offer a one year contract.. I read a quote from Brunyel (SP) that he had no idea what the team would do next year.. I think Phinney would be wise to go else where.. He's a very gifted rider, won the U23 Paris Roubaix, so he may be more of a classics rider..

Speaking of classics, can't believe Horner isn't racing San Sebastian tomorrow.. Hasn't he done really well in that race..

You guy have all forgotten, Popovich was 3rd in the Giro at 23... Maybe it isn't to late for him..
he probably saw the writing on the wall in 2007.

I don't understand calling RS names like listed below?! They sponsored a pro tour team at a great cost economically and benefitted from it as well, good for them and all of the guys on the team. Some of you guys that didn't even know there was a TdF in the 1980's and 1990's are in this sport because of the guy you hate the most, Armstrong. I bet it's because you guys came in to the sport in Armstrong era and don't know any of history of cycling you think it makes you more core to join the Armstrong haters. Honestly, it makes you guys sound like bitter idiots to constantly put down anything the guy is involved with and many even hope he goes to jail? How stupid is that. Get over your hatred for the guy and enjoy a great sport for which Armstrong contributed to greatly.

You can't in possibly not see the difference the guy has made to USA cycling. Prior to the Armstrong era group rides were half the size they are now. Trek has to love the guy, he's sold more bikes than any one person in history. I love Lemond and I wish he would put his bitterness aside too and just enjoy the sport. If you want to hate, hate these idiotic politicians that are ruining our great country.

Mdeth1313 said:
Schlecks are starting their own team, Contador will go anywhere but Radio Crap and the Crap Shack will have to find someone who can actually contend. Leipheimer can't, he worked out a bit better than Danielson did for Discovery, but that's about it.

Bottom line, it's starting to look as if the TdF GC battle will be between Contador and Andy Schleck- everyone else will be racing for 3rd. Does this sound familiar? Armstrong 1st, Ullrich 2nd and who's gonna be 3rd?

Mosovich said:
uped for 3 more years with Garmin.. I think RS only has one year left, because that is why Sanchez didn't go to them.. They could only offer a one year contract.. I read a quote from Brunyel (SP) that he had no idea what the team would do next year.. I think Phinney would be wise to go else where.. He's a very gifted rider, won the U23 Paris Roubaix, so he may be more of a classics rider.. .
Interesting .. Phinney's definitely very talented, he's skills right now lend heavily toward the classics as you mentioned, and he's a beast in track individual pursuit. Maybe they could groom JB Junior, and let top-ten finisher Horner or Lev(?)i be the interim GC guy. Or have Tex have 'em Luxembourg boys come over for some southern hospitality.

Sorry Tex, ain't no place like home!

izzyfly said:
...have Tex have 'em Luxembourg boys come over for some southern hospitality.
Yeah, gotta be nervous about Radio Shanty's future if they can't get a serious GC threat on board - look at the top six finishers at this year's TdF - subtract Conti and Andy (I think they are off the table at this point) and go shopping with a big ol' wallet overflowin' with greenbacks...or Euros.

According to VeloNews, Taylor Phinney will step-up to Radio Shack at this year's Tour of Denmark (Danmark Rundt 2010)!

Looks like Radio Shanty is in trouble and are pushing the kid along.

LostViking said:
According to VeloNews, Taylor Phinney will step-up to Radio Shack at this year's Tour of Denmark (Danmark Rundt 2010)!

Looks like Radio Shanty is in trouble and are pushing the kid along.
well he is 29 seconds behind after stage 1, due to a crash. half a minute is quite a bit in Tour of Denmark. The TT is only 20km and there's really only one stage small gaps normally occur.

According to CyclingNews:

"The [Schleck] brothers are allegedly already committed to signing for RadioShack in the unlikely case that their deal with the new Luxembourg squad does not work out."

That would be The Save of the Century for Radio Shanty!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.