Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will definalty shakeup the peloton. I think Landis will win followed by Zabriski for second and Hincapie for third which will make him the de-facto leader for the disocovery team for the tour!. What are your thoughts?? Predictions anyone??

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
rollinrob said:
It will definalty shakeup the peloton. I think Landis will win followed by Zabriski for second and Hincapie for third which will make him the de-facto leader for the disocovery team for the tour!. What are your thoughts?? Predictions anyone??
Head says Zabriskie or Landis. Heart says Millar.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hmmmm

slowdave said:
Are there other nationalities racing or just the yanks?
Seems to have escaped the notice of the RBR audience that there's a THREE TIME WORLD TT CHAMPION CURRENTLY SITTING IN SECOND POS IN THE GC who is also contesting the TT on Saturday. Can anyone tell me what his name is???

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Armchair Spaceman said:
Seems to have escaped the notice of the RBR audience that there's a THREE TIME WORLD TT CHAMPION CURRENTLY SITTING IN SECOND POS IN THE GC who is also contesting the TT on Saturday. Can anyone tell me what his name is???
That's my pick; Rogers, Gonchar and Evans could be in with a shot as well.

Some darkhorses: Lang, Bruseghin, Karpets or maybe even Chavanel.

·
Self-Banned
16,907 Posts
Landis, Zabriskie and Hincapie make the top 3 - but not necessarily in that order.

Rogers, Menchov, Evans, Karpets, Savoldelli, Klöden and Leipheimer - complete the top 10 but not necessarily in that order.

Gonchar, Bruseghin, Julich, Millar and Popovyvch - complete the top 11-15 but not necessarily in that order.

Vandevelde, Garzelli, Totschnig, Padrnos and Ekimov - complete the top 16-20 but not necessarily in that order.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Armchair Spaceman said:
World TT Champion doesn't mean much, since the world's best TT'ers don't show up for the race. Rogers will be lucky to be top 5.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
ultimobici said:
Head says Zabriskie or Landis. Heart says Millar.
I think Millar's lack of racing puts him outside of top 5. He is also better suited for short ITT.

on paper I agree with many others, all-american podium:
1. Zabriskie
2. Landis
3. Hincapie

followed by Julich, Evans, Leipheimer, Honchar, Karpets, Rogers, Savoldelli, Popovych, Menchov, Moreau, etc.

Mayo loses 3+ min.

·
Registered
301 Posts
55x11 said:
I think Millar's lack of racing puts him outside of top 5. He is also better suited for short ITT.

on paper I agree with many others, all-american podium:
1. Zabriskie
2. Landis
3. Hincapie

followed by Julich, Evans, Leipheimer, Honchar, Karpets, Rogers, Savoldelli, Popovych, Menchov, Moreau, etc.

Mayo loses 3+ min.
I think that this is pretty much the consensus.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Please, Dave Z is the clear choice

This long TT screams for Dave Z. Although there are no indicators of how he's feeling right now.

But look at the Dauphine TT. Dave won the 43 km TT by 53 seconds over Floyd. We all know Floyd wasn't at his best there, but I think he can win this one by 30 seconds and take the yellow jersey. It won't matter overall because he can't really climb with the big boys.
Hincapie will do very well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.