• George Hincapie

Votes: 109 26.4%
  • Other

Votes: 33 8.0%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,419 Posts
I'm still on the Floyd bandwagon, but I have to say I feel a lot less like a Bears fan about it now.

Would love to see Georgie do something nuts, and I think Levi's totally open for a podium.

I like Disco for the team comp all the sudden.

Vino is a risk if he's allowed to race--he can do it without a team, as he proved when he raced AGAINST T-Mobile last year.

I'm wondering who's the leader for CSC now. Sastre? Julich? Jens (I wish)? Do they still have a shot at the overall? Team classification?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think you have 2 of the three podium spots in your poll.....I am pulling for Landis, but for the record I would say:
1. Evans
2. Landis
3. Valverde

Rash

·
Registered
839 Posts
Landis wins in a landslide... (This poll anyways!)

I can feel it now... Floyd-o-mania sweeping the nation!

Although, with Vino now gone, the highest ranking finisher from last year is... LEVI!

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
Salvodelli wins. George and Levi in the top ten. George closer to tenth because he will have to ride in support of Salvo. Cadel could be a hope, but the probability of his collarbone spontaneously fracturing is astronomical.

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
So what's this I hear about Valverde being KINDA implicated in Puerto?

I think it's the Floyd. I think there's a damned good chance of at least 2 Americans on the podium, too.

WTF is CSC going to do? Is Bjarne Riis going to ride again or something? I mean they've all been training, focusing, to the point where ... who's gonna be the leader? Sastre?
Julich?

Wouldn't it be weird, if, say, they went with Bobby J, and he pulled out a 3rd place, and then he'd have podiumed twice in the tour, both when like half the teams pulled out. What a way to go, eh?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
francois said:
Prognostications??
Not so easy now, huh?

1. Landis
2. Evans
3. Leipheimer
4. Popo
5. Julich
6. Valverde
7. Menchov
8. Karpets
9. Hincapie
10. Azevedo

Rassie and Moreau go for the mountain jersey. Moreau gets it easily.

Boonen gets green. McEwen talks trash about Boonen and drops out in one of the last 3 days. Hushovd gets second. Zabel tries every time but he is not even close.

anyone else?.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Out on a limb

I am going out on a limb and plugging Zabriske. Yes, I am ducking as I type this. I don't see any of the new favorites being explosive climbers so the time gains in the mountains are not going to be drastic. Zabriske may well be a better time trialist than Ulrich and he has 3 opportunities to gain quite possibly a lot of time. If CSC doesn't implode with the loss of Basso they have a team that can control the race. But, regardless of who wins I see this as being a great Tour. Anyone remember how good the Giro was the year Salvodelli first won? All the favorites removed early on and a great group of essentially default leaders putting on a great show. Let's hope the last week sees a new guy in Yellow everyday and a final sprint for the overall win on the Champs.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Things have now changed greatly...

Things have changed a lot over night.

Now, I think we have to think about Floyd actually winning this thing, now. Before, he was podium at best I think. Anyway, he'll be in the running.

Another overlooked person, well, sometimes, is one Mr. Julich. He can climb, he can TT, his team leader is not riding now, and well, CSC as someone else mentioned, is a strong assed team who can still control the race. Also Julich has a history of doing well in dope plagued Tour de France's (1998 anyone??). Levi also just shot up the rankings, as did Cadel, Valverde, and a few others. I still don't think George is going to podium, he'll still lose some in the mountains, and on the TTs.

One thing is for sure, this is going to be the most exciting race in years. The big guns have all been sent home, or well, the biggest favorites, and now things are very wide open. I expect to see lots of attacking, lots of hard riding, and just seeing an old fashioned shoot out.

It's going to be fun to watch methinks.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wow! FLOYD-O-MANIA is really cooking now, with nearly 60% of the vote.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,158 Posts
francois said:
Prognostications??
Landis
Il falco
Levi
Valverde
GH

Americans are going to be the dominant force in the top ten

T-Mobile and CSC huge morale blow, will not place a rider in the top 10, cept maybe Dave Z as a dark horse after winning all the TT's

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
I think Levi over Floyd

Levi has improved each year, and would have been 5th iffin it werent for crazy attacker Vino. Floyd was 9th? Take a look @ this years Dauphine' it was Levi trowing down the gaunlet, not Floyd. Valverde and some pretty good climbers were in that race. IMHO the Dauphine is a much tougher race than the tour de georgia, and covers much of the same routes in this years tour. Levi will be up against the same group of riders in the Tour as he was up against in the Dauphine, minus Basso, Ulle, Mancebo, etc. I don't buy into all the floyd hype. However, an american podium would be nice.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.