Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post-ride deliciousness. I've only had the Guaca Salsa but that's all I need. The guac is mixed with a tomatillo and salsa verde.

Oh, anyone that's going to tell me to make my own can suck it. I don't have to with this stuff around.

https://www.whollyguac.com/our_products/guaca_salsa

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Ingredient list looks ok, although it lacks lime juice. I agree that tomatillos are a wonderful addition to guacamole, while tomatoes are not.

But man, tub guac is just a shame. A damn shame.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
And it should be some kind of crime to say that a single serving is two tablespoons.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
But man, tub guac is just a shame. A damn shame.
+1

//im now craving avocado

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
And it should be some kind of crime to say that a single serving is two tablespoons.

Serious. One tub should be considered a single serving.

As far as tub guac goes, the best I've ever had is a brand I had a WF a few times. It's called Evolution. They made guac and salsa, but I can't seem to find it anymore. It was pretty expensive, but it was the only tub guac that came close to the fresh stuff.

TJ's has guac in similar packaging that is fairly decent (called Avocado's Number). it might be the same thing, just re-branded for TJ's. It's not bad, and it'll do in a pinch. But TJ's also sells their "guacamole kits" that have everything you need to make it yourself.

joe

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Not a guacamole fan, but dammit, you can't post an appreciation to store-bought guacamole!!! What's next, an appreciation for canned soup??? White bread?

Get yourself a molcajete and make it yourself!

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Tub guacamole? Next you're going to tell me this stuff is wonderful. :prrr:

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
The serving size should be a clue...

I've never used tomatillos but might try that sometime instead of lime (different thing, but could work). Lime keeps the avacado from turning brown five minutes after you mash it - do tomatillos have some kind of super hero anti-browning power? I mean, it would have been made a couple weeks ago at least (yes I realize it's an air-tight package, but still).

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haters all (except bob)

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mohair_chair said:
Not a guacamole fan, but dammit, you can't post an appreciation to store-bought guacamole!!! What's next, an appreciation for canned soup??? White bread?

Get yourself a molcajete and make it yourself!
If we can have a Menthol and Eucalyptus Zicam appreciation thread, we can have a guacamole appreciation thread.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Bulldozer said:
If we can have a Menthol and Eucalyptus Zicam appreciation thread, we can have a guacamole appreciation thread.
No, I think that violates the forum rules, and you are looking at a lifetime ban. The rules clearly state that can have a guacamole appreciation thread, but not if it comes out of a tub, or you must call it the "tub guacamole appreciation thread." I'm sorry, I don't make the rules.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
mohair_chair said:
No, I think that violates the forum rules, and you are looking at a lifetime ban. The rules clearly state that can have a guacamole appreciation thread, but not if it comes out of a tub, or you must call it the "tub guacamole appreciation thread." I'm sorry, I don't make the rules.
You can be banned just for talking about the rules.

The first rule of appreciation thread rules is you don't talk about appreciation thread rules.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
DrRoebuck said:

The first rule of appreciation thread rules is you don't talk about appreciation thread rules.

You are so fcuked.

joe

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
DrRoebuck said:

Damn. That means I gotta fight.

Oh, dammit! I'm not supposed to talk about that either.

I am not good at this stuff.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mohair_chair said:
company man through and through, aren't ya?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts