Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this here because this forum has more OLN watchers. So did everyone see the Cervelo commercial where they crack the "ordinary" carbon frame with the weight drop test, and then show the Carbon Soloist taking the hit. Of course the broken one has no decals, but can anyone tell what frame it is by the shape.

Of course, it could just be marketing BS and its actually made of recycled milk jugs just for the commercial. But I'd like to think its a real production frame.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
stevecaz said:
I put this here because this forum has more OLN watchers. So did everyone see the Cervelo commercial where they crack the "ordinary" carbon frame with the weight drop test, and then show the Carbon Soloist taking the hit. Of course the broken one has no decals, but can anyone tell what frame it is by the shape.

Of course, it could just be marketing BS and its actually made of recycled milk jugs just for the commercial. But I'd like to think its a real production frame.

It kind of looks like their own frame!! :eek:

·
Self-Banned
16,907 Posts
OneGear said:
i didn't know cervelo was canadian? anyways those commericals are kind of lame... and canadian roads are better than American roads, they ought to be, we pay extra tax.
They're designed and engineered in Canada but made in Asia. ...and yes Canadian roads are generally better but it seems like they've declined over last 10 years or so.

·
LA CHEVRE
2,459 Posts
Depends what province you're in. In Quebec, the roads are in much worst condition than the surrounding states and provinces... They blame the cold... like the cold was that worst than in Vermont 1 mile south... :rolleyes:

I have seen car wheels break on impact in potholes so big and deep, a bike would literally fall into...

·
confirmed masher
1,712 Posts
rocco said:
They're designed and engineered in Canada but made in Asia. ...and yes Canadian roads are generally better but it seems like they've declined over last 10 years or so.
a lot more cars i assume. there are always roads being repaired here in the summer months so ontario is not really bad to ride in.

·
Soul Mining
390 Posts
rocco said:
and yes Canadian roads are generally better but it seems like they've declined over last 10 years or so.
They have certainly declined some. The roads around here (Victoria) are starting to age and crumble in parts, something that wasn't as problematic ten years ago. There is an increasing trend in Canada for the government to not put as much money into maintaining infrastructure as they did in the past. But the roads in Canada are better than British roads. Talk about a lack of maintenance. The motorways aside, the average British street is falling apart.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The The said:
They have certainly declined some. The roads around here (Victoria) are starting to age and crumble in parts, something that wasn't as problematic ten years ago.
It's all those unpatriotic people forgoing SUV's for more efficient hybrids.

The government can't afford to repair the roads with declining revenues from gas taxes!

Now go do your duty, buy a Ford Expedition and ensure my roads get fixed!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.