Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw a ritchey mtn cross for sale on ebay. it looks nice, but i've done a search and not come up with many results. i'm hesitant to just jump in and buy a bike that i don't know much about (especially since a buddy of mine ovalized a ritchey mountain bike headtube a little over halfway through one season).

does anyone know about this frame? how does it ride? what kind of tubes does it have? will it stand up to abuse or is it an ultralite-racey-fancy-pants-frame? in that case i'm not at all interested. cross racing isn't really my thang but i really like cross bikes for adventure/team, touring and singletrack stuff.

as always, thanks for the info folks.

side question...is anyone else noticing reliability going down as weight of frames goes down? i noticed this in the early nineties (with cannondales especially) and i'm hearing about it more again as steel frames get lighter to compete with every alloy/composite frame out there.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
IIRC, Ritchey proprietaty "nitanium" tubing, Frischknecht-designed.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Mtn Cross

is a more MTBish Croos bike. a very nice ride,slightly less race than the pure Ritchey (Swiss Cross) so more of a race/trail/commuter/all rounder. a real good bike for what it is worth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts