Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use the racing ralph clincher and I will be trying the rocket ron as well in 35. I like the ralph and can run about 30-35 psi.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going cross eyed looking at tires. been loving the ritchey speed max and may just stick with them since I've not had any issues. found a decent price on some 35cc and figured what the heck....maybe I'll give them a shot.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Those run a little small anyway. Well, they have in the past but I haven't used them in many years. I like bigger tires myself. A little more cushion and contact patch from the lower pressure that you can run is always nice.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zank said:
Those run a little small anyway. Well, they have in the past but I haven't used them in many years. I like bigger tires myself. A little more cushion and contact patch from the lower pressure that you can run is always nice.

which run small? the ritchey 32 or 35's?

·
Do not touch the trim.
2,381 Posts
c-lo said:
anyone? looking for some new tires and can't decide if I should stick with 32 or go up to 35.

there is enough clearance on my bike to allow for a wider tire.
Unless you are limited by the UCI rule or race strictly on grass/sand I'd run 34-35's Before running tubulars I switched from a 32 to a 34 (closer to 35) Hutchinson clincher and it made a huge difference.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Training cross wheelset includes Bontrager Classique rims with 35mm Stan's Raven CX tire. I love this tubeless setup. The other day switched out to my "racing wheels" Mavic Reflex with Grifo Challenger 32 tubies and was not at all impressed by the handling on technical trails. The Grifo's did seem to roll faster on the smooth stuff. Been running 32 psi in the Stan's at 155 lbs. I am not fast but the confidence the 35mm give me makes me feels faster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts