·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Try being a little more specific?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the Fizik Antares Team Edition from the LBS, when I picked it up it was missing the matching Bar tape. Is been a week and I don't get a straight answer; "No updates as of yet".

Think they just don't considered an incomplete item a big deal or maybe I am just being dramatic - but I want the bar tape.

Perhaps I should just return the saddle and order it online like I first meant to.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Life is not perfect, things happen.
And not sure a missing part qualifies your LBS for being "Behind the times".
I order >80% of hardware in my life from the internet, but at least with LBS they are taking care of the return/exchange or incomplete order.

·
Registered
614 Posts
You’re being dramatic.....well just a little!!!! Not forgetting they have other physical customers to service too...

Got to support local when it’s feasible

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hikertoo said:
Life is not perfect, things happen.
And not sure a missing part qualifies your LBS for being "Behind the times".
I order >80% of hardware in my life from the internet, but at least with LBS they are taking care of the return/exchange or incomplete order.

Yeah well the shop is really cool, they don't even give out receipts and when you are short a couple of bucks they hook you up. I think they are behind since they have no type of tracking system for their services. But I guess that's what makes it cool (sometimes) I really don't want to loose faith in them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ETWN Stu said:
You’re being dramatic.....well just a little!!!! Not forgetting they have other physical customers to service too...

Got to support local when it’s feasible

NO I SHOULD BE NUMBER 1 PRIORITY!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAAA, WHAAAA!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Rainbow Grease said:
Yeah well the shop is really cool, they don't even give out receipts and when you are short a couple of bucks they hook you up. I think they are behind since they have no type of tracking system for their services. But I guess that's what makes it cool (sometimes) I really don't want to loose faith in them.

Well, this will add to the pricing for sure...Extra staff to monitor all the orders or the software cost to monitor???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you can contact your connections and get me the fizik split tape Antares garmin edition that could be damn awesome. And I promise to
Stop crying about this...

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Rainbow Grease said:
Got the Fizik Antares Team Edition from the LBS, when I picked it up it was missing the matching Bar tape. Is been a week and I don't get a straight answer; "No updates as of yet".

Think they just don't considered an incomplete item a big deal or maybe I am just being dramatic - but I want the bar tape.

Perhaps I should just return the saddle and order it online like I first meant to.
The team editions are only made in short production runs so the importer may have none left.

FWIW, having wrapped several customers' bars with the split tape, I'd just get the regular tape. The Split Tape is a PIA to fit and annoying in that the edges flip up.

Almost everyone I know who's fitted it has swapped it out very soon after.

·
Registered
402 Posts
All my bikes have white bar tape!!!

Rainbow Grease said:
When I picked it up it was missing the matching Bar tape. I want the bar tape.
Just go with white tape. All my women, I mean bikes, wear white tape, or they wear nothing at all.:blush2: :D

Maybe the shop will give you a free package of tape just for public good relations.

·
Registered
487 Posts
ultimobici said:
The team editions are only made in short production runs so the importer may have none left.

FWIW, having wrapped several customers' bars with the split tape, I'd just get the regular tape. The Split Tape is a PIA to fit and annoying in that the edges flip up.

Almost everyone I know who's fitted it has swapped it out very soon after.
I like the tape. Still have it on the bike I put it on early this summer.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,443 Posts
Rainbow Grease said:
If you can contact your connections and get me the fizik split tape Antares garmin edition that could be damn awesome. And I promise to
Stop crying about this...
do you actually know for sure that your 'online source' has the tape in stock, or is it just listed on their website?

in the end, it's just bar tape. put on white or black and get back on the road.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
I dunno about being overly dramatic, but the tape and saddle ARE supposed to be sold together. Since they didn't do that, they certainly ought to be doing something to "make it right".
But, as has been pointed out, it's a limited release, so sourcing it after the fact may prove to be rather difficult.

Mike T. said:
Garmin tape? I'll just get my men to contact Vaughters' men at the Vuelta and have him ship you a case of it.
NICE!!
Could you have Jonathan tell CvV to stop crashing so much as well? :lol:

·
Burnum Upus Quadricepus
2,017 Posts
If it's anything link the LBSs around here, they place orders daily, but their suppliers ship just once a week.

·
Registered
197 Posts
cxwrench said:
in the end, it's just bar tape. put on white or black and get back on the road.
My guess is that many people who spend $200 on a saddle that is dual colored and features the name of the manufacturer prominently displayed twice in large high contrast letters may be concerned just as much, if not more, with the appearance of the saddle; and by inference, of their whole bike, as they are with the ability to just sit on it and go.

Further, in order to ensure other cyclists get a good look at the saddle, the rider may want to stand up on the peddles more than usual; thus simultaneously highlighting the hand grip on the bars and making the appearance of the bar tape even more important.

·
Registered
448 Posts
TomBrooklyn said:
My guess is that many people who spend $200 on a saddle that is dual colored and features the name of the manufacturer prominently displayed twice in large high contrast letters may be concerned just as much, if not more, with the appearance of the saddle; and by inference, of their whole bike, as they are with the ability to just sit on it and go.

Further, in order to ensure other cyclists get a good look at the saddle, the rider may want to stand up on the peddles more than usual; thus simultaneously highlighting the hand grip on the bars and making the appearance of the bar tape even more important.
God forbid he wants his bike to look nice.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts