Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, I don't mean to cry -- but scheesh --- $150???

... and why are they called "International Rider USCF Primary license" and not a "UCI" license.

Weird.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
I honestly don't think $150 is all that expensive. Compared to what we spend on race fees, gear and bike crap... it's peanuts.

It's called what it is because you can either be USCF Primary or NORBA Primary. Both are UCI licenses.

Why does it cost what it does? Insurance fees and drug testing fees, I'd gather.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
sherpa said:
I mean, I don't mean to cry -- but scheesh --- $150???

... and why are they called "International Rider USCF Primary license" and not a "UCI" license.

Weird.

Get a real job ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
peanuts?

you have to be kidding? those peanuts you speak of add up fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
sherpa said:
you have to be kidding? those peanuts you speak of add up fast.
Well, if you can't afford $150 for a license, I have no idea how you can manage a $1500 bike and multiple races at an average of $25 each. Not to mention $100 shoes, $100 helmets and $150 team uniforms... oh god, the humanity! :eek:

You can always choose to race locally and not internationally, I suppose. THAT license is only, what $55?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
sianne said:
Well, if you can't afford $150 for a license, I have no idea how you can manage a $1500 bike and multiple races at an average of $25 each. Not to mention $100 shoes, $100 helmets and $150 team uniforms... oh god, the humanity! :eek:

You can always choose to race locally and not internationally, I suppose. THAT license is only, what $55?

Airfare?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
sherpa said:
I mean, I don't mean to cry -- but scheesh --- $150???

... and why are they called "International Rider USCF Primary license" and not a "UCI" license.

Weird.
Actually, the UCI license is only 60$.

60$ for first license (USCF or NORBA), 30$ for second license (USCF or NORBA). Once you have both USCF and NORBA licenses for 90$ you pay an additional 60$ for the UCI international license. Now if you buy all the licenses at once it is 150$. But really only 60$ or 90$ more than you would have spent to race locally anyway.
 

·
Every little counts...
Joined
·
3,924 Posts
If you live near a border, buy the one license. Race in three or four Canadian provinces, and 2-3 different states in the USA (I never know which national association they belong to, nor care)...all on one license.

Hmmm....Belgium....
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top