Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Helmet Bicycle helmet Wheel

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,937 Posts
When I was a kid a local dude strapped a motor with a propeller (pusher style) to the back of his bike. It was FAST, not sure about 83mph but definitely very close to that kind of speed. It was wicked loud. This was about 1979 so the idea has been around...

·
Registered
21,637 Posts
Do some reading about how the first winner of the Darwin Award met his fate. This has a familiar ring to it.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,439 Posts
Do some reading about how the first winner of the Darwin Award met his fate. This has a familiar ring to it.
I don't know about the rocket bike, but the story of the rocket car in the Darwin Awards was debunked by Snopes and others quite awhile ago:

·
Registered
21,637 Posts

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,439 Posts

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,439 Posts
The lawn chair pilot doesn't qualify for the Darwin Award... He lived.
I think it was mentioned that he was the only Darwin Award candidate to survive his feat.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I remember seeing Lawn Chair Pilot on the news. I also remember (or partially) hearing about the diagnose he had which was a mental illness of some sort.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,439 Posts
I remember seeing Lawn Chair Pilot on the news. I also remember (or partially) hearing about the diagnose he had which was a mental illness of some sort.
And sadly, he commit suicide in 1993 at age 44 - 11 years after his lawn chair feat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts