Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no clue, lust? Envy? Stupid?

I just won an ebay auction on a Selle Italia Signo saddle. Anyone ever ridden or sen one of these yet? I was out on a ride with one of my buddies and he showed up with theat saddle on his bike. Flat, sort of wide looking and CF. Most of my saddles are around 143mmish wide, and are either Brooks Pros (2) or San Marco Regal or Rolls. This saddle is listed at 140mm wide, it should fit.

Do I need another saddle? No. Was I in the market for another saddle? No. Was I in the market for fenders? Yes. Did I buy fenders? No. Was the price of the saddle comparable to the price of the fenders? Yes. So I still have not answered my question why? It does look very comfortable and 225gr, but I'm not a weight watcher. Too late to do anything about it now, if it does not work out, it will go up for sale.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I gave it a try coming from a Fizik Arione. I was looking for something wider myself. The Signo has a wierd feature in that it pivots side to side as you peddle - I could not come to grips with it and eventually sold it.

Ian in SD

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Welcome to the club

I've done the same thing. I've gone through saddles like someone changes socks, always experimenting and trying different positions. I put my old Rolls back on and I don't know why I ever pulled it off..some things are better left alone..

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I'll find out soon enough

I had really done well at not buying stuff on a whim for about 1.5years now. Just something I saw and had to try, especially after my buddy was riding one, and it looked comfortable. Not sure what you mean pivots as you ride, as I said in the title.......Now I've got this urge to put nice fenders/rear rack/leather panniers and a few other extras on my one restored old bike and use it as a commuter/ tour bike. Seems like on the longer than 1 day tours I keep getting caught in the rain and getting to work relatively clean from a wet ride in might be fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.