Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I like it, post a ride report with pics it goes to sticky for a few days. It gives everyone a chance to see what is new without searching

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
'Cause the fella in charge is old and keeps spilling his food.

·
Riding towards Delmarva.
790 Posts
old_fuji said:
no, really...why?
...because the admin thinks ride reports shouldn't be missed.

I rarely open ride reports, so I usually scroll past them.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Ride reports are a great way to see other parts of the world you may never see otherwise. Ride reports have inspired me to travel to far away places to ride my bike. They have shown places that I will never get to and some I don't want to go to. No mater what they show, I always enjoy seeing them.
Ride reports take a lot of work. It takes a lot of time to photograph the ride, edit the pictures. and post them. Stickies let the reports say at the top of the page long enough for all who want to see them and reply with a comment if they feel like it. Comments show that other people are looking at the work you did and appreciate the effort.

·
MTBR Member
2,908 Posts
Yup, I like it. When a user posts a ride report, it gets stickied for a few days, so that it does not fall down to the bottom of the page too quickly before people get the chance to view it. It also makes them easier to find for the people who want to view them. After the few days have passed, the thread is un-stickied.

You could have ride reports in a separate forum, but this way both the ride reports as well as the commuting/touring topics get more overall traffic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts