Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a graphic design in my Bianchi bike Hors Category. What I understand HC is a climbing classification that signifies an extremely tough climb.

But why such a permanent design painted onto my bike. Surely it doesn’t mean the bike can climb HC without any effort from the rider right?

View attachment 277006

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
It means above or beyond category. It is of course derived from the TdF nomenclature for climbs, but there is no mountain in the words themselves.
Great bike, the Oltre. Means above, beyond, past, over. In Italian. So you have a bike named beyond in the beyond category range of Bianchi bikes...

Btw that size sticker that says "please remove" on it must come off. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It means above or beyond category. It is of course derived from the TdF nomenclature for climbs, but there is no mountain in the words themselves.
Great bike, the Oltre. Means above, beyond, past, over. In Italian. So you have a bike named beyond in the beyond category range of Bianchi bikes...

Btw that size sticker that says "please remove" on it must come off. :)
Tls for explanation.

Abt the frame sticker, I knew you said it with pun intended. But wonder why the manufacturer stated "please remove". What harm it has by not removing? Isn't it serves as evidence of frame size to the next buyer. No, I'm not removing.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Tls for explanation.

And the frame sticker....No, I'm not removing.
I bet you also leave the Pentium stickers on your computers, and the HD Display! stickers on your TV bezel.

The only sticker that stays on my frame is the shop sticker. I do like knowing the history of a bike, and what shop it was sold out of, just for the nostalgia/history of it. Frame sizings (especially S/M/L) are pretty arbitrary, and can be measured later if needed. Warning stickers also come off.

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
My young daughter thought it stood for "Holy Crap" [that's a big hill]. That's our running joke now when there's an HC on a stage of something I'm watching.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,664 Posts
Tls for explanation.

Abt the frame sticker, I knew you said it with pun intended. But wonder why the manufacturer stated "please remove". What harm it has by not removing? Isn't it serves as evidence of frame size to the next buyer. No, I'm not removing.
if you OR the 'next buyer' need a sticker to confirm frame size, yeah...you should leave it on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.