Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gregg:

Are you concerned that coupeling 10 or so individual manufacturerer forums with the existing 8 or 10 (Once you cutover) will dilute the site? I know that I spend about 60% of my time on general, 10% on compononets, 20% on Non-cycling, and the rest fixie& racing. Double the number of forums & Half the posts in any one forum (all other things being equal. I'd hate to lose touch with the core group or have to visit 20 forums to find them.

Any experience from MTBR?

Len

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
a fair question...

...the idea came for this from MTBR, and it's seemed to work well over there. Now, I am aware that what may work on MTBR may or may not work so well over here. But I'm open to the idea, and I think it's a very good way to ease people thru the forum transition.

If it turns out that these manufacturer forums just aren't all that popular, we'll close the dead ones down. We did, in fact, close two forums down on MTBR (BMX and Trials).

Thanks for the feedback. One of the new goals may be to try help share the load since it seems that the vast majority of people bypass all other boards and post everything in General. We'll wait and see on that.

-g

Len J said:
Gregg:

Are you concerned that coupeling 10 or so individual manufacturerer forums with the existing 8 or 10 (Once you cutover) will dilute the site? I know that I spend about 60% of my time on general, 10% on compononets, 20% on Non-cycling, and the rest fixie& racing. Double the number of forums & Half the posts in any one forum (all other things being equal. I'd hate to lose touch with the core group or have to visit 20 forums to find them.

Any experience from MTBR?

Len

1 - 2 of 2 Posts