Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of training seriously for the last 2-ish years 'cause of a bad back.

EVERY stinkin time I start to get a few rides/week in (mod-easy pace) I end up doing something that prevents me from stringing together more'n one week in a row!

This time I was out hashing (trail run basically) and rolled my ankle so badly it swelled up about as big around as my bicep. I'm still hobbling around almost a week later. Can't put enough pressure on it to ride. :cry (in fact, I need to go put the ice pack on my ankle and keep my foot up on my desk for a bit)

LAST time it was a cold.

Time before that it was something else.

Grrrrrr!

WHY?!!

Thankfully, I've got ~19 years of base in my legs, AND cross season ain't for a few more months. I've pretty well written off this crit/track season (again).

M

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
axebiker said:
If it swelled up to the size of MY biceps, your ankle would probably be fine! LOL!!
you're probably right.

Damn! but it hurt like hades! Of course, I did it at the farthest point away from where we started and I had to hobble back to a road. Took for-EVER!

Hobble ouch!
hobble OUCH!

You get the idea.

Good thing there was a handy tree branch I could use as a cane!

M

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
Socrates (469-399 BC) tells you why. Talking to Glaucon, he said:

"Do you not observe that these athletes sleep away their lives, and are liable to most dangerous illnesses if they depart, in ever so slight a degree, from their customary regimen?"

You departed from your customary regimen and went hashing.:p

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wim said:
Socrates (469-399 BC) tells you why. Talking to Glaucon, he said:

"Do you not observe that these athletes sleep away their lives, and are liable to most dangerous illnesses if they depart, in ever so slight a degree, from their customary regimen?"

You departed from your customary regimen and went hashing.:p
Unfortunately, my normal regimine lately IS hashing! I've been trying like heck to get back on the bike, but keep getting sidelined by one thing or another.

Grrrrrr.

I'm STILL swollen and somewhat sore from last Sunday's stunt.

Grrrrr.

Haven't ridden either the bicycle(s) OR my motorcycle in the last week+.

Grrrrr!

#$%#$ but I'm losing all the weight loss gains I'd made over the last few weeks.

Grrrrr.

AND I'm trying without much luck to find a truck. F250/Ram 2500 with a diesel so I can tow the GF's camaro while carrying said motorcycle. The trucks I've seen are all too spendy for my budget, or WAY hoopty.

Grrrrr.

Oh well. Life goes on.

M

·
What the Hell is going on
5,875 Posts
Hoopty ride!

I could never figure out if "hoopty" meant a good thing or a bad thing.

Does a hoopty ride=cool
or
Does a hoopty ride=a dis?

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kerry Irons said:
Some people pay big money for that experience! :) Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.
LOL

To answer the next question in line: Hoopty is a bad thing. Means something's falling apart, looks bad, etc.

Toes are still purple. Swelling's slowly (ever so slowly) going down. Here in a bit, I'm gonna put my ice pack back on.

M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.