Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,670 Posts
it's at $305.00 and 2, maybe 3 guys are interested in it buying it. don't know that i'd call it a 'war' yet, maybe a minor scuffle. they were nice frames, Columbus SL was one of the 3 or 4 widely used tubesets of the era. this one is not in great shape, but i could see it getting maybe $400.00.
there really isn't anything 'special' about it, really it's kind of hard to find anything from that era that was really special as so many of the frames were so very similar. in that respect, there isn't anything special about this one. i guess it comes down to the fact that more than one person wants to own it.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
A German made frame are more difficult to come by then Italian ones mostly because there weren't that many companies in Germany making frames and very few higher end frames like that Miele, but the Italian ones demand higher prices because of their heritage.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,670 Posts
A German made frame are more difficult to come by then Italian ones mostly because there weren't that many companies in Germany making frames and very few higher end frames like that Miele, but the Italian ones demand higher prices because of their heritage.
uhhmmm, it's Miele BICYCLE frame, not a Miele VACUUM...it was made in Canada, not Germany.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Identical except for the color to one I bought new in 1991 in Toronto. They are still all over the place here. Lasted very well as a winter beater, and I passed it on to a son earlier this year. I'd say the seller's doing well already.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4 bidders on eBay is not a war nor is the price it sold for. Just a few people out of billions that want the same frame
Oh I misunderstood, I saw the 15 bids and thought "oh my gosh, 15 bids" but I didn't realize there were only 3 or 4 actual users bidding.

Reactions: maxfrm

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
uhhmmm, it's Miele BICYCLE frame, not a Miele VACUUM...it was made in Canada, not Germany.
Geez, I thought they were made in Germany! I actually thought they were part of the Miele vacuum company!! Thanks for pointing that out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.