Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Dopers ruin sport
508 Posts
Good question he is one of the best sprinters on CSC so you think he would ride the Tour???????????

For one thing CSC has not really been a team that hunts for for the green jersey they more for the overall GC.

· Registered
5,671 Posts
they are stacked already with both GC threats (Schlecks and Sastre) and stage hunters in O'Grady, Voigt, and Cancellara (who has shown he can beat sprinters by simply riding everyone off his wheel in the last few kms).

· Registered
11,561 Posts
stevesbike said:
they are stacked already with both GC threats (Schlecks and Sastre) and stage hunters in O'Grady, Voigt, and Cancellara (who has shown he can beat sprinters by simply riding everyone off his wheel in the last few kms).
Not to mention I don't think Haedo has exactly stacked up very well against top tier sprinters.

· Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
thebadger said:
Haedo has never done a GT that I can think remember. Can he get through the mountains? Why risk a having a non-finisher on the team when you have so many capable riders to assist with a possible overall victory?
Actually Haedo did participate in last year's Giro if memory serves me well. He was a non factor in that.

· LA CHEVRE
2,459 Posts
Zabriskie wasn't back to form, too close to his injury...

As for Astana, isn't it because the team owner is also the one who only gave a one year ban to Vino and hired a belgian masterplanner who knows how to keep the team's secrets secret? As soon as ASO announced that nobody would be assured an entry for this year's race, I don't get why people are surprised that Astana isn't there. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just not surprising.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.