Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OLN's website describes quite a lot of cycling coverage in their "Cyclism Sunday" feature. But at least in my viewing area, this program is not listed. I

thought that maybe they would forgo a little of their bull riding coverage in May for the Giro, but apparently not.

I wrote to OLN today to ask them why they are shortchanging their Canadian audience. I will post back if/when I get a reply.

Anyone have any insight into this problem?

· Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
3,151 Posts
Bertrand said:
OLN's website describes quite a lot of cycling coverage in their "Cyclism Sunday" feature. But at least in my viewing area, this program is not listed. I

thought that maybe they would forgo a little of their bull riding coverage in May for the Giro, but apparently not.

I wrote to OLN today to ask them why they are shortchanging their Canadian audience. I will post back if/when I get a reply.

Anyone have any insight into this problem?
Because OLN sucks!! They are messing with you canuck cyclists. In two years, us South of the border will have zero cycling coverage.

They are changing their name to Versus. Hockey, Survivor, Rodeo, fishin, fishin and more fishin.

Active sports which how we've come to follow them will get skunked because they see no money in it.

Get on board with cycling.tv now. We need to support that so we nurture an alternative.

francois

· Registered
157 Posts
If you have digital cable do yourself a favour and subscribe to RAI International:

http://www.international.rai.it/tv/palinsesti/canale1/20060506.shtml

They showed Milan-San Remo live and offer daily coverage of the Giro.
(I'm off to buy a DVD recorder in the morning.) The comentators get pretty worked-up compared to Phil and Paul - not that I can understand most of what they say!

Not sure about coverage of the Tour but for something like ~$3.00/month you should at least consider it for the month of May. Your cable company should be able to hook you up in minutes. You can always cancel again at the end of the month.

· Registered
59 Posts
Canal Évasion

The rights to the Giro in Canada are owned by Canal Évasion, a French travel channel. For me, on Shaw cable in BC, it is channel 252 and is $2.49 per month. I don't appear to get RAI sport.

They'll be broadcasting 4 times per day! Not bad, eh?

G

·
OLN is not in Canada. What we get that is called OLN is in fact owned by CTV and they pick up a few of OLN's broadcasts, anything that interferes with bass fishing and ultra strength competitions is not carried.

Cycling.tv in Canada is no help either. They are not broadcasting the Giro into Canada. When I tried to watch this morning I got a message saying that they do not have broadcast rights in CAnada. I emailed cycling.tv this morning and they confirmed that unless I am able to access their site through an anonymous IP I cannot get it.

I am going to talk to Shaw CAble about the RAI feed.

· Registered
59 Posts
toomanybikes said:
I am going to talk to Shaw CAble about the RAI feed.
Look into the Canal Évasion feed. Like I said, I couldn't find RAI on my Shaw Digital in British Columbia. The opening TT will be shown tonight at 5:30 and then at 11:30 Pacific time on Évasion. Tomorrow's stage is at 5:30 am. Good luck!

G

·
nagedzi said:
Look into the Canal Évasion feed. Like I said, I couldn't find RAI on my Shaw Digital in British Columbia. The opening TT will be shown tonight at 5:30 and then at 11:30 Pacific time on Évasion. Tomorrow's stage is at 5:30 am. Good luck!

I'm guessing I would have to be on Digital Cable??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.