Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

181 - 200 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
That argument is ridiculous.

Someone made a claim about aerodynamics, and I’m calling it BS based on the fact that there is no good research to justify the claim. So it falls upon me to prove the claim wrong?
Absence of evidence is not the same as evidence of absence. To spell it out in gory detail not that it should be necessary, you didn't claim there was no evidence that frame aerodynamics matters; you claimed that is doesn't matter. Surely even you can see the difference.

·
Registered
984 Posts
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

You don't even know what CdA is and YOU are disputing the significance of the results. WOWWWWW. To bad you don't know how stupid what you just said sounds.
Told you.:lol:

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Would you make this claim about frame aerodynamics if the rider were the size of a gorilla? An elephant? See my point?
I have a dog, a horse, and an elephant carrying a loaded pack. I make each one's five pounds lighter. Which one had the most weight removed?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I have a dog, a horse, and an elephant carrying a loaded pack. I make each one's five pounds lighter. Which one had the most weight removed?
Which one had the greatest percentage of its weight removed? Which one noticed the biggest change?

That’s the question you should be asking.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Waspinator dude, you need to heed to the immortal words of Kenny Roger in "The Gambler:"

"You've got to...
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run…"

I mean, it seems like you're against everybody and their grandmother in this thread.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Which one had the greatest percentage of its weight removed? Which one noticed the biggest change?

That’s the question you should be asking.
Except for cycling that can't be answered; it's unique to each rider. That's why serious people don't bother to address it. They worry about what is knowable.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

You don't even know what CdA is and YOU are disputing the significance of the results. WOWWWWW. To bad you don't know how stupid what you just said sounds.
If knowing what that abbreviation were of any significance whatsoever, I could have easily googled it rather than pointed out that I didn’t know what it was.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
12,964 Posts
I’m a doctor (eg physician).
Really? You must not have very many patients as you have a lot of time to argue on message boards.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Haha, talk about BS research references. Are you a PhD in Psychology? Which branch? I’m going to assume your scholarship agenda is in cognitive psychology? Why anyone with your psych research background would point to this is hard to digest... I’m happy to read up on your scholarship, I’d love to in fact... Please send me some references to get me started. I follow the currency in social mostly... But I love Quant psych. Prove you are right!!

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,347 Posts
Haha, talk about BS research references. Are you a PhD in Psychology? Which branch? I’m going to assume your scholarship agenda is in cognitive psychology? Why anyone with your psych research background would point to this is hard to digest... I’m happy to read up on your scholarship, I’d love to in fact... Please send me some references to get me started. I follow the currency in social mostly... But I love Quant psych. Prove you are right!!
I may be reading your post wrong, but if not where do I find the go fund me to buy you a sense of humor?

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I may be reading your post wrong, but if not where do I find the go fund me to buy you a sense of humor?
Haha, I just thought it was ironic after all the goading to justify the OPs academic preparation that the poster would use such dubious material... It would be funny if the poster hadn’t been seriously mean spirited in previous posts. I don’t see any humor after outright insults. Other posters have engaged with OP without being obnoxious.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
12,964 Posts
Haha, I just thought it was ironic after all the goading to justify the OPs academic preparation that the poster would use such dubious material... It would be funny if the poster hadn’t been seriously mean spirited in previous posts. I don’t see any humor after outright insults. Other posters have engaged with OP without being obnoxious.
If you read through the OP's history, you will see why he gets lit up a lot.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,347 Posts
I get lit up a lot because too many people posting here are incapable of having a debate without taking disagreement personally.
You go beyond a 'debate'...you're completely and totally incapable of understanding the other side much less admitting it could be correct. You are stubborn beyond belief and troll-like in your habit of starting these threads. There are nearly 200 posts in this trainwreck and you're the only one on your side. That should tell you something about this 'debate'.

181 - 200 of 277 Posts