Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Banned Sock Puppet
12,576 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Oh common! We're having so much fun with it. :)
Right, like there is so much else going on? At least Waspy made things interesting for a bit.

·
Registered
412 Posts
yep, bloke buys a bike, needs to talk about that bike. Only really wants to hear affirmation.
This. I tried to post the same type of photo before I ever saw yours after only ready the 1s 2 pages because I knew where it was going.

Such trivial crap.

·
keep rubber side down
624 Posts
The reason is: I still ride my 1992 ti hardtail and my 2006 ti road. both with ti forks. The industry does not like that. I don't buy bikes. I change worn parts and upgrade when significant. That dont sell.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
12,576 Posts
Please just let this thread die.
I doubt this thread could ever be resurrected to its former "glory". Dr. Waspy was the main character and I believe he has moved on.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,329 Posts
I doubt this thread could ever be resurrected to its former "glory". Dr. Waspy was the main character and I believe he has moved on.
It looks like he posted about a week ago but I'm really hoping he's found another forum to troll.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
12,576 Posts
It looks like he posted about a week ago but I'm really hoping he's found another forum to troll.
Oh com'on, CX, you're such a wet blanket! We need some comic relief. :D

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Oh come on ... he'll be back. He usually crawls back under the bridge when he gets beaten down, but he can't resist extolling the virtues of his Litespeed T1S1 bike that he probably paid way too much for.

·
15,329 Posts
Oh come on ... he'll be back. He usually crawls back under the bridge when he gets beaten down, but he can't resist extolling the virtues of his Litespeed T1S1 bike that he probably paid way too much for.
You're probably right. What will be next? 'You should wrap your bar tape pulling (pick one)...Which label on your tire should be at the valve stem...if any? Should you use a torque wrench?

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
You're probably right. What will be next? 'You should wrap your bar tape pulling (pick one)...Which label on your tire should be at the valve stem...if any? Should you use a torque wrench?
The common theme is his purchase choices are superior to anything else on the market. Despite the existence of other more 'strait' threads asking about problems he's having with said choices.

A real piece of work for sure. I'm not sure his brand of 'out there' can be faked but tip of the cap to him if he is trolling.

·
15,329 Posts
The common theme is his purchase choices are superior to anything else on the market. Despite the existence of other more 'strait' threads asking about problems he's having with said choices.

A real piece of work for sure. I'm not sure his brand of 'out there' can be faked but tip of the cap to him if he is trolling.
It does seem like a 'lifestyle' for him.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
12,576 Posts

Color me naive, but I really don't think he's a troll. I have seen posts of his in response to medical issues which he sounds like he knows what he's talking about. He may be one of those docs who is very good at what he does, but has some really off-the-wall ideas about anything outside of his profession. A tunnel vision of sorts.

Doctors are used to being in control. That control type of personality often extends to not wanting to admit being wrong about things they know absolutely nothing about. They also may tend to think of inanimate objects in the same way they think of the human body. Trust me, I have known doctors like this.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The reason is: I still ride my 1992 ti hardtail and my 2006 ti road. both with ti forks. The industry does not like that. I don't buy bikes. I change worn parts and upgrade when significant. That dont sell.
Good point. That carbon fiber crap just crumbles into oblivion like cheap plastic. That’s why so many jumbo jets keep dropping into the ocean when their wings evaporate. Those rube PhD mechanical engineers are designing planes to fail to sell more of them!

·
Administrator
12,915 Posts
Good point. That carbon fiber crap just crumbles into oblivion like cheap plastic. That’s why so many jumbo jets keep dropping into the ocean when their wings evaporate. Those rube PhD mechanical engineers are designing planes to fail to sell more of them!
https://youtu.be/mSy5mEcmgwU

261 - 277 of 277 Posts