Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know that Zabriskie is racing in Spain right now at the Vuelta, but I was a bit surprised to see that he wasn't on the start line in Greenville, SC to defend his title. Other than being the good teammate and staying to support the team in Spain, is there any other reason why he didn't leave the Vuelta early to race in Greenville?

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
You have a guy sitting 7th going into today's GC and you're going to leave him for a personal goal? Really?

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
1313 said:
Dave Z was a DNS on Stage 18
UCI rule, you cannot be on the start list of 2 events occurring concurrently. If you start the Vuelta, you intend to race to the last day.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Maybe he's aiming for the World's tt. It's about time for him to get a win, he's won every other major tt and he already has a silver and bronze medal.

·
448 Posts
BAi9302010 said:
Maybe he's aiming for the World's tt. It's about time for him to get a win, he's won every other major tt and he already has a silver and bronze medal.
And with Fabian questioning his form and if he'll do it or not, hopefully this will be his year. But I don't remember him doing so well in the major itt's this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts