Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
There we complaints from smaller teams that this disadvantaged them too much. Boohoo. As a fan, I want them back!

Kirchen would probably have an extra couple of minutes in his pocket had there been one.

· Registered
337 Posts
AJL said:
There we complaints from smaller teams that this disadvantaged them too much. Boohoo. As a fan, I want them back!

Kirchen would probably have an extra couple of minutes in his pocket had there been one.
Over Evans and Menchov, maybe. But I have to think CSC along with Garmin would be right with Columbia over a TTT.

G

·
justinb said:
Over Evans and Menchov, maybe. But I have to think CSC along with Garmin would be right with Columbia over a TTT.
I don't think so. This would have been Garmin's first Tour TTT - I would have been surprised if they got it right.

Good point with CSC, since it's only the fifth rider's time that matters.

· Registered
337 Posts
AJL said:
I don't think so. This would have been Garmin's first Tour TTT - I would have been surprised if they got it right.

Good point with CSC, since it's only the fifth rider's time that matters.

Garmin seems to have decent team chemistry, and if anything, they were built for TTT. They proved that during the Giro.

Millar, Pate, Maaskant, Hesjedal, Lowe, Vande Velde.... there's some TT engines in that group.

Sastre/Schleck may actually not have been helped as much as VdV, depending on the parcours. They'd basically be trying to hold on to the Cancellara/Voigt train, and be one of the 5 scoring riders. VdV would be helping to drive the Garmin group.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.