·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
you win

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
You mispeled you're's.

And, yeah, you do win. I need to find a homeless juggler.

// Was he equally proficient at juggling balls of fire as bowling pins?

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
I only got to see wanna be bikers! They also had a 50 mile MTB Ride for Project Rwanda up there this weekend. that was pretty cool. But I can't beat the homeless juggler.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
catzilla said:
You mispeled you're's.

And, yeah, you do win. I need to find a homeless juggler.

// Was he equally proficient at juggling balls of fire as bowling pins?
Who knows. We jacked him for his change and took off before we could find out.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
That was like this mini GP annex at the end of Chevy Chase, a few blocks west of San Fernando. It didn't actually connect with the park.

We were trying to find our way back from 'Dena.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
How're you digging your new Radars Roebuck?

Nike cap eh? Cool.

//Not sure if you got my Pm the other time but I told you I'd send my shades to you once I get the nose bud replacement for my M Frame so I have one pair to wear when I ride. Looks like I need to send the Juliets to you too - damn lense color is coming out! wtf?

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
uzziefly said:
How're you digging your new Radars Roebuck?

Nike cap eh? Cool.

//Not sure if you got my Pm the other time but I told you I'd send my shades to you once I get the nose bud replacement for my M Frame so I have one pair to wear when I ride. Looks like I need to send the Juliets to you too - damn lense color is coming out! wtf?
That's the nike winter cap. Covers the ears and has a visor for the rain. Only cap I've ever seen like that ('cept maybe for one at rapha or swobo).

It's such a good design: a lot of times it's cold enough when it rains that you'd want your ears covered.

Radars are sick. I got custom frames with the polaraized VR28 lenses (and clears, for nighttime). Best lenses I've ever had on any sunglasses.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
That's the nike winter cap. Covers the ears and has a visor for the rain. Only cap I've ever seen like that ('cept maybe for one at rapha or swobo).

It's such a good design: a lot of times it's cold enough when it rains that you'd want your ears covered.

Radars are sick. I got custom frames with the polaraized VR28 lenses (and clears, for nighttime). Best lenses I've ever had on any sunglasses.
Cool cap indeed. I suppose it was around the high 40s or so on that ride then? I'd probably use a balaclava (or not) but I can see how that gets uncomfortable.

I also wonder how the hell those pro cyclists ride through Belgium etc when it's snowing or really cold and don't use a balaclava!!! Crazy.

I was gonna say it's custom since I haven't seen that specific color before. I need a pair of clears or the G20/30 for rain/nights since the black makes it pretty hard to see during those times. Well, I got the M-Frame for that actually (with Armstrong's signature on teh lens!!! Omg!!!!!) but if it rains, uh, I don't appreciate the vents on that pair for sure!!

How're you liking the polarized lenses? I've only used polarized Juliets for going out etc but never one on the bike. For that matter, I wonder why many cyclists don't use polarized lenses either. :idea:

//Did you inscribe your name on the lens with their etching process?

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
uzziefly said:
Cool cap indeed. I suppose it was around the high 40s or so on that ride then? I'd probably use a balaclava (or not) but I can see how that gets uncomfortable.

I also wonder how the hell those pro cyclists ride through Belgium etc when it's snowing or really cold and don't use a balaclava!!! Crazy.

I was gonna say it's custom since I haven't seen that specific color before. I need a pair of clears or the G20/30 for rain/nights since the black makes it pretty hard to see during those times. Well, I got the M-Frame for that actually (with Armstrong's signature on teh lens!!! Omg!!!!!) but if it rains, uh, I don't appreciate the vents on that pair for sure!!

How're you liking the polarized lenses? I've only used polarized Juliets for going out etc but never one on the bike. For that matter, I wonder why many cyclists don't use polarized lenses either. :idea:

//Did you inscribe your name on the lens with their etching process?
Temps fluctuated a lot today. I wore the cap bec I thought it might rain.

Like I said, the lenses are dy-no-mite. I was gonna have "Lance" etched into them but that was extra $$$.

The clears I got are vented cuz that's all my LBS had (same for Oakley online). Hadn't thought about issues with rain, tho. Hmmm.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
Temps fluctuated a lot today. I wore the cap bec I thought it might rain.

Like I said, the lenses are dy-no-mite. I was gonna have "Lance" etched into them but that was extra $$$.

The clears I got are vented cuz that's all my LBS had (same for Oakley online). Hadn't thought about issues with rain, tho. Hmmm.
I have teh hatred for my vented lenses during the rain indeed. But one tip: DON'T remove the shades in the rain, just ride with em coz once you remove em, well, for my M Frame lens at least, it makes visibility a biatch when the interior (part closest to your eyes) gets wet since water doesn't trickle off as easily as the hydrophobic version.

For the Radar I have, I never needed to wipe the lens when riding and don't really need a cycling cap even honestly.

Oh but yeah, still don't remove em coz they'd fog up for a little bit and you're blind for a short while. Over here at least.

//Seriously, Lance? I wanted LiveStrong but it wasn't the authentic version so I didn't get a custom.

///A g20 or G30 is pretty decent for dark days actually. No need for clear.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
BentChainring said:
THanks for the call!

HTH
they figured you were indisposed with a 40 person bbq

BAM

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
ampastoral said:
they figured you were indisposed with a 40 person bbq

BAM
You forgot the !!!

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Important question:
Did the homeless guy smell of urine, or did he just smell?
Just trying to compare Left Coast homeless with Midwest homeless.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Hollywood said:
L-R

DrRoebuck, HW, homeless guy juggling.

BAM.

I <3 L.A.
I'm not so sure about that.

After after 95 of 100 hilly miles this is pretty awesome.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts