Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sponsor publicity is what it's all about in this sport and a stage win is the best way to get that. However, an intereseting thing happend yesterday. Despite being told to go for the win by Riis, Voigt refused and went on to take second place. Normally, no one would remember who came in 2nd in a grand tour stage. In this case, Voigt's classy move has garnered him more attention than a win might have. People will remember this for a long time. CSC must be very happy with all the attention he's getting.

I've always like hm as a rider. Now I think he may be my favorite.

C

·
Registered
27 Posts
I could not agree more with that statement. He definetly gained more publicity/exposure for his gesture and 2nd place finish. More than likely later this year people will be asking......"who was that guy that Jens Voigt let win that Giro stage....and what team did he ride for?"

I have respected Jens for his dedication as a teammate and unrelentness style. He always seemed to be a classy and well respected guy within the peleton and the cycling community and this just sealed the deal!!!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Honor

It seems like alot of people may not understand the concept of honor. Jen Voigt, on the other hand, does. Not only did he behave like a proper man on the race course but he also stood up to his boss as well. He is a better man for it and has set an example for all the other racers out there. Not enough guys out there in the world like Jens.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I bet it also has a lot to do with the fact that Jens himself has been done wrong several times by someone sucking his wheel all day only to out sprint him in the last 150 meters.

Jens has class.:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.