Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
He was ready for a blanky and a nice nap…. Seriously, I heard the dedication to his baby thing too, but a lot of world soccer stars pull the same move after scoring a goal. It might have some other meaning.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
that's not even thumb sucking, that something along the lines of half arsed fellatio. doing a proper thumb suck would require personality/expression, something this guy is devoid of. So, instead he just stuck his thumb into a half opened mouth and everyone is like why is this man sticking his thumb into a half open mouth?
what does it all mean?

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
that's not even thumb sucking, that something along the lines of half arsed fellatio. doing a proper thumb suck would require personality/expression, something this guy is devoid of. So, instead he just stuck his thumb into a half opened mouth and everyone is like why is this man sticking his thumb into a half open mouth?
what does it all mean?
No the rest of us got it pretty easily.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
There is an Italian gesture (one of so many) in which the tip of the thumb is placed behind the upper teeth and flicked outward in the direction of the one at whom it is directed. It's pretty much the equivalent of flipping the bird. I don't know if that's what he was doing (maybe in sort of a disguised way) or for whom it might have been intended, if so. But it's what I first thought of.

·
Cycling Addict
5,243 Posts
There is an Italian gesture (one of so many) in which the tip of the thumb is placed behind the upper teeth and flicked outward in the direction of the one at whom it is directed. It's pretty much the equivalent of flipping the bird. I don't know if that's what he was doing (maybe in sort of a disguised way) or for whom it might have been intended, if so. But it's what I first thought of.
Originally a different pic was posted there that didn't even have his hand anywhere near his mouth. I agree with you that this looks like that gesture.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just asked my brother-in-law (Italian) what it means when an Italian does this. His response? "E+1, T+1".

·
2014 Cannondale SS EVO
301 Posts
It wasn't FU...and I'm Italian. That is a different gesture and any real Italian knows that...sorry. He didn't flick his thump towards anyone. The guy was doing it for his daughter, it was a gesture for her.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
It wasn't FU...and I'm Italian. That is a different gesture and any real Italian knows that...sorry. He didn't flick his thump towards anyone. The guy was doing it for his daughter, it was a gesture for her.
cool . . .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts