Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried many cycling shoes and the only ones I've ever found to be wide enough and have a tall enough toe box are Specialized shoes, I wear a 43.5 right now in Specialized. I don't know if I have a Tailor's Bunion (on the little toes) or if my feet are just plain wide but between that and my big toes not having enough room up front it has made it difficult for me. I've tried Sidi Wide shoes (the toe box was too small), Diadora's used to be my favorite for a few years but then became too narrow for me, Northwave road shoes seem too narrow, and Shimano shoes are both too narrow and have a small toe box. Any other shoes companies I should try or should I stick with Specialized? FWIW I also use Specialized BG soles (the red ones since I have flat feet) and they make a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
441 Posts
DRLski said:
I've tried many cycling shoes and the only ones I've ever found to be wide enough and have a tall enough toe box are Specialized shoes, I wear a 43.5 right now in Specialized. I don't know if I have a Tailor's Bunion (on the little toes) or if my feet are just plain wide but between that and my big toes not having enough room up front it has made it difficult for me. I've tried Sidi Wide shoes (the toe box was too small), Diadora's used to be my favorite for a few years but then became too narrow for me, Northwave road shoes seem too narrow, and Shimano shoes are both too narrow and have a small toe box. Any other shoes companies I should try or should I stick with Specialized? FWIW I also use Specialized BG soles (the red ones since I have flat feet) and they make a HUGE difference.
https://www.d2shoe.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=26

·
Registered
27 Posts
You might want to try the Diadora's again. I found most shoes to be too wide and ended up buying Specialized! I tried the Diadora's and found them to be wider than the Specialized. The guy at the LBS said that Diadora's used to have more of a narrower European fit but have widened their fit as they try to capture more of the wider foot US mkt. Who knows though, maybe each shoe is different and one can't completely generalize about manufacturers.

·
Registered
380 Posts
DRLski said:
Which Northwaves did you try? I also need a wide shoe. I'm using Northwave Aerator 3's. and they're the most comfortable shoes I've found. Seem wider to me that the Specialized shoes I tried on last year when shoe shopping.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
i also have a bothersome Taylor's bunion. Hurts like hell! Try Shimano's. They have a couple of models that are available in wide. My favorite is the 151. I think Nashbar / Performance has them. IMO they're a very nice, long lasting, comfy shoe. I tried Sidis - hated them.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Carnacs are not only wider than most, they have impecable build quality. Lakes, as noted before are good, even their standard width shoes are better for us bear paw footed riders, plus they offer a few models in a wide width.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.