Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My browser of choice :(
I understand that opera is not very popular and no one will be rushing to fix this but it may be more far reaching than opera.
I've noticed in IE that wide images push the column with the ads off the page (you have to scroll horizontally to see them) Now coming from a web dev. background I'm fairly sure this is not the desired behaviour (you ALWAYS want your users to see the ads.) This makes me think that the way opera is handling the display (cutting off the image and keeping the ads on screen) is actually the desired behaviour.
So which is it?

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Sorry if my short answer seemed uh....short. Wasn't my intention. Got busy trying to answer so many questions...

...of course we want people to see the ads. We also want people to see the content on the page. It's interesting the way Opera handles it. One browser helps the advertisers out, the other helps out the user experience, so to speak. So, to answer your question, we want users to see the ads AND the content.

What resolution are you using? Is this a resolution dependant problem? (assuming most people upload reasonable (800 pixels wide or less) size images.)

I've been told that 1024x768 is the "new" standard. I'm sure all the people still at 800x600 might gripe about that.

Thanks for the info.

-g

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gregg said:
Sorry if my short answer seemed uh....short.
N.P.
I'm at 1024x768 and I would say that's pretty standard these days.
If I ever feel so inclined I'll have a look at the source code, and see if maybe it's something simple that can be negotiotiated both ways. I get enough of that at work though... home time is for thinking about, looking at, and riding bikes :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.