Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a new wheelset, I plan to run "wide" tubulars about ~28mm. Aside from Challenge Paris-Roubaixs (which look nice, except the best deals are gumwalls, which I don't care for), I'm not certain what else is available and affordable. I know that A. Dugast makes some nice tires, but I don't have that type of money. I'm looking for road tires, not cyclocross knobbies. Also don't want anything that is really heavy and thick.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
They only ones I know of cost A.Dugust kinds of money or more. Like Veloflex .. I've got them from eBay for the most part.. usually around 80 per which is fairly decent. You can try to see if Kenda, Vittoria, continental have something lower priced

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
Vittoria still do the Corsa in 28mm. Zipp does the Tangente SL Speed in 27mm. Conti doesn't sell anything that wide in the states that I know of, neither does Kenda. Their tires come 22 and 24mm. They have the 'SC' that's made by Veloflex (the other tubualrs they sell are made by Challenge) but I don't think they sell it, it's only for teams. Ours seem to be about 24-25mm wide.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Veloflex makes a 27 called Vlaanderen. But if they measure tubulars like they do clinchers it'll be more like a 25.

Challenge makes at least a couple that are 27 or 28.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts