Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is awesome news. She is wanting to get in shape and seeing a neighbor train for a marathon she decided it's time to get moving. Two weeks ago she said she would like one for Christmas.

Last week I was checking out C-List and found a 2010 Madone 4.5. The guy said he rode it twice and decided road biking was not for him. The tires still have the mold nubs on them. The thing is new. It came with pedals, carbon bottle cages and a computer with the plastic protective cover still on the screen and all the owner's documentation! I scored it for nearly 1/2 of retail :thumbsup:. Size should work.

I am pumped that we will have another activity to share and that she will be on a "good" bike. :)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Great, I am trying to get my wife to Road Bike with me. We do spin classes together, but she was getting mad at me because I didn't go that much over the summer because I would rather ride my bike to work, so she didn't go. Now that sunrise is later, I'll start going back to spin in a week or two.

Your wife doesn't need the Madone 4.5 because she doens't need carbon water bottle cages; no problem though, I'll take it off your hands for the same price you paid and you can even keep the plastic protective cover on the computer.

Are you waiting for Christmas or will she be riding this weekend?

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
if she doesnt like it, i might be able to help you get your money back, depending on size...

ive been trying to talk The Wife into a new bike for a few years. problem is she has an ox steel frame. it is nice and smooth, and she put ride feel over anything. to get the same feel, we would have to spend more than we are willing. and even then i dont know she would want to replace her purple bike. at least i got her into some candy pedals last week.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Picking up my wife's first road bike tonight. I got her a used 2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 Carbon. It was used someone had at the bike shop on consignment. I had to order some smaller handle bars and stem. They came into today. I just hope now I can help her get into shape where she will enjoy riding. We live in Florida and I hope to ride with her all winter so by spring. She can go on group rides. Time will tell at least I know if she doesn't stick with it I can get my money back out of the bike.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Only if they ride them :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts