Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Campy Shamal wheelset & some other items from Wiggle, on Thursday March 5 (430pm Calif time) ...

Arrived Tuesday March 10 at 11am! ... Under 5 calendar days.

Wheelset was inside the original Campy carton ... although box's exterior had some creases and dents, the insides remained well-protected.

This was with Wiggle's 'free' standard delivery, although I did pay an extra GBP 3.99 (about $6) to expedite getting the wheels out the door.

Delivered via US Postal Service (USPS) ... No duties or taxes were imposed, although my reading of the US Tariffs indicates wheels should have duty.

It seems the USPS may be too under-resourced to hassle individual consumers with duties. With UPS, FedEx, etc, "brokering" and payment processing of duties seems to be a major revenue source ... search several threads on the subject.

·
Registered
529 Posts
My stuff shipped fast as well

Ordered tires, saddle and some other stuff on a Friday had it by the following Tuesday. It was all pack to withstand the long trip. I'm getting to place another order this week.

·
Witty custom user title
552 Posts
I'm to the point now that I order EVERYTHING from the UK...with the exception being the various backcountry.com sites. I live in Japan, but have a U.S. address (military) and shipping from the U.K. is not only cheaper, but faster too. I have yet to order something from Wiggle, PBK, etc that didn't get here in 7 days or less. That's faster than ordering from the US due to the horrible APO system, and the prices are usually better to boot.

They certainly have my business.

·
Registered
383 Posts
yeah, I agree on wiggle. Got a set of wheels, although on steep discount, they were at my door in less than a week. I ordered some other stuff one day later (although I expected them to show up the next day after the wheels) they took longer at a little more than a week. I think they expedite the expensive stuff...for whatever reason. Wiggle is good, their fairly fast on responding emails...they have my business as well :) although free shipping only qualifies anything above $150 otherwise shipping is outrageous at like $40 or something

·
Registered
388 Posts
+1 on the UK sites...great prices, fast shipping....what else could you ask for?

placed an order with pbk on same day as a nashbar purchase.....guess who was faster....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.