Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I really love the black/red/yellow/white one. I took these photos at interbike. I really thought they were one of the best looking bikes at the show imho.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm looking into the Cento Uno. Some of the dealers are charging too much for the frame and or bike. Where do you suggest the best deal? I'm skeptical bout overseas buy. thx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Full retail is $4300 US. Uranium Bicycle in Moab, UT has a large black in stock. I would call them up and see what you can work out. I've bought two there in the past and they have always treated me great.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you look at Bellati sport?

speedsterveloce said:
I'm looking into the Cento Uno. Some of the dealers are charging too much for the frame and or bike. Where do you suggest the best deal? I'm skeptical bout overseas buy. thx
If you decide to try to order from Europe, this Swiss store is way cheaper. I read some good things about them on bikeforums, but never personally contacted them. They are charging $3,228.95 for the frameset and offer more colors than I believe the US distributer is offering.

http://www.bellatisport.com/shop/category/104/product/569/Wilier_Cento1.html

·
Banned
976 Posts
Great place to buy!

shapeofthings said:
If you decide to try to order from Europe, this Swiss store is way cheaper. I read some good things about them on bikeforums, but never personally contacted them.
I bought my Le Roi from Andrea at Bellatisport, and it was a wonderful transaction. I'd do it again without question. Prices in USA are way too inflated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When ordering overseas are the frame sizes different than US?

Also, if i were to order gruppo and and other components seperately is there anything I need to know for the Cento Uno which is unique?

I think the photo on their website has a Ritchey stem. Which headset and bars?

·
Banned
976 Posts
Hugh?

speedsterveloce said:
When ordering overseas are the frame sizes different than US?
Same size of course. The Cento is no different than other Wiliers as far as what's needed to build less a seat post. It also has an integratred bottom bracket so you don't need to use the UT cups (I hope you're using Campy, ShimaNO is a sacrilege).

·
Banned
976 Posts
Not really. .

speedsterveloce said:
Why not Shimano?
Just kind of gross in an ugly way. The Italian's passion for cycling and Campagnolo's beautiful REBUILDABLE parts, opposed to Shimano's typical throw it away rather than repair mentality. I find Shimano's stuff utterly repulsive on an Italian road bike (it's fine on a MTB).

·
Registered
41 Posts
QQUIKM3 said:
Just kind of gross in an ugly way. The Italian's passion for cycling and Campagnolo's beautiful REBUILDABLE parts, opposed to Shimano's typical throw it away rather than repair mentality. I find Shimano's stuff utterly repulsive on an Italian road bike (it's fine on a MTB).
relax

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just test rode the Cento against the Orbea Orca and Cervelo R3. That's pretty much the order in which they finished. The Cento literally felt like it came with a tail wind. I can only afford to move my current Dura Ace over and I too am tempted to go Campy... but hey, Wilier may be Italian, but the frame is made in Taiwan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
QQUIKM3 said:
I don't like like integrated seat posts so the Uno is not for me, I ended up buying a 2008 Le Roi. The geometry of the Cento just wouldn't work for me. I'm coming from a 52cm Colnago C50 and only the Le Roi (small) was the close match., and it's an amazing bike. This is my second Wilier.:thumbsup:

How does the C50 ride compare to the Le Roi? interested in both.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cento 1 is available at Uranium Cycle

I contacted Marshall Hannum at Uranium after reading this site and Marshall built a Cento Uno for me with Super Record 11 and it is an incredible ride. If you can pick it up from him directly it is worth the trip to get custom fit and to ride through Arches and Canyonlands (hurry before it gets to hot).

·
Banned
177 Posts
painiac said:
I contacted Marshall Hannum at Uranium after reading this site and Marshall built a Cento Uno for me with Super Record 11 and it is an incredible ride. If you can pick it up from him directly it is worth the trip to get custom fit and to ride through Arches and Canyonlands (hurry before it gets to hot).

Have you had any trouble with the shifting?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Cento Uno with Record and have had some issues with the shifting - nothing major. It just took a lot of tinkering to get it right. I don't care for the bends the cables take while routed through the frame on both the rear derailleur and brake. The angles of the cables cause the components to loose a little of the feel, especially on the rear brake.

21 - 40 of 157 Posts