Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,934 Posts
No.
Why $160? Your campy brakes don't have holders?

Buy some Jagwire ones. Ebay has them cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,934 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,713 Posts
Just get some Koolstops. If you're going to replace pads why not get some that are better?

And I don't know if that Branford price is a misprint, or Campy has gone completely bonkers.

Edit: I see you found 'em. That's the ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
I think a full set of Campy pads is about $40. Where are you coming up with $160?

Campy pads fit in the Campy holders. If you want to use different pads, you'll need different shoes (as they're called).
 

·
waterproof*
Joined
·
41,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's because I have crabon wheels for racing and alu for training, and I like the Kool-stop salmon for the alu but want carbon specific for racing. and it's a PITA to switch out pads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Yes it will work. I had a campy 9spd setup that I wore the pads out on. I just used the pads and holders off a set of Shimano brakes I had laying around. It was a few years ago but if I remember correctly the Shimano pads and carriers are a different stack height (from brake arm to rim) then the campy pads and carriers. Should be able to adjust back and forth using the tension adjuster though.
 

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
30,792 Posts
JCavilia said:
Just get some Koolstops. If you're going to replace pads why not get some that are better?

And I don't know if that Branford price is a misprint, or Campy has gone completely bonkers.

Edit: I see you found 'em. That's the ones.
This is what I do, since my fav LBS around here never stocks campy pads. The Koolstops work great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
Creakyknees said:
it's because I have crabon wheels for racing and alu for training, and I like the Kool-stop salmon for the alu but want carbon specific for racing. and it's a PITA to switch out pads.
Swissstop makes a pad that can be used for both aluminum and carbon. They come in Campy and Shimano and slide in the brake shoe.
 

·
waterproof*
Joined
·
41,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
raymonda said:
Swissstop makes a pad that can be used for both aluminum and carbon. They come in Campy and Shimano and slide in the brake shoe.
Yeah I know and so does Zipp and probably others. But I like the kool stops on aluminum and I'd rather have the best pad for each rather than a compromise for both.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top