Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to invest in a new crankset and since I need a new bb as well I'm thinking of going with the Dura-Ace. I've got a full Ultegra set-up and want to make sure it's compatible with the 7800 cranks. I'm thinking that it should work out ok because I run 9-speed XTR cranks with 8-speed everything else on my Fuel 100. Anyone else running a similar set-up?

Also, my current Ultegra cranks are 175mm and I'm thinking of going with 180mm. I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam and have read (from Zinn) that at this height I should be going with 180mm. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After further measurement...

...it looks like my 'cycling inseam' is actually 35" or 88.9cm. If you go by the rule for crank length (20% of inseam) it comes to 177.8 so it seems that 177.5 might work well. I know that this rule is by no means the end all so any other ideas would be very helpful.

Does anyone have the info that was up on Tech Talk with Zinn on velonews.com in early November regarding proper crank length? Any crank length calculations that anyone might know of would also be much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.