Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or, can you get that authentic deep down in the delta blues from a bunch of white guys from Connecticut?

Will powerblues fade with the baby boomers who seem to love it so?

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
buck-50 said:
Will powerblues fade with the baby boomers who seem to love it so?

One can only hope.

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Only Albert King can save this thread.

joe

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
I'd grab Little Miss Zebra Skin by her stripey lapels and be outta there in a hot minute. I know I could do more for her ears than that bunch of clowns on stage.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Can you provide an *actual* example of this power-blues of which you speak? Because your example band is just made up for a movie.

If you're talking about something like this, then I think it'll probably stick around:

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,268 Posts
Playing power blues is so much fun. Listening to it is such a drag. I've got an electric power blues jam coming up in a couple weeks. I haven't played the stuff (plugged in, with a band, at least) in about three years. I've been building up finger strength, bending strings. I'm gonna put two sets of earplugs in my ears. I'm setting the dials of my very old Boss Super Overdrive to max. Oooh! Do I have soul!

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
You got Waldo425 on drums! I liked it when the fans were on at the start. Couldn't get past 0:38. Walk past any provincial pub in Britain on a weekend (especially up North) and you'll hear this kind of tedium. I hope the guitarist's tummy trouble cleared up.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bikeboy389 said:
Can you provide an *actual* example of this power-blues of which you speak? Because your example band is just made up for a movie.
No examples I can think of, but there were 2 bands last weekend at the Atwood Summerfest that sounded just like Blueshammer.

And then there's this:

:D :D :D :D

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
RL Burnside can kind of pull it off, but I can only take it in small quantities.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
soup67 said:
Didn't really listen then, eh?
The Black Keys = win in my book.
I listened. Hence I stopped listening at 0:38. Tell me, what shards of genius materialised at 0:39? A win in your book? Sir, that's not a book you have, it's a pamphlet!

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
soup67 said:
Vocals, for one. Guess you didn't hear those.
That would be affirmative. Another opportunity missed. Such is life. Keep 'em coming.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
The whiskey or the leather belt?

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
Hope their fan club are out in force again. I played the video again and lasted until 0:57.
Didn't get any better. Looks like the 'audience' agreed with me...

Try this bunch...:23:

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Wait... we're not talking about T Bone Burnett are we? Because he's awesome.

joe

1 - 20 of 32 Posts