Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 64cm Trek Emonda SL6 before. And I was comfortable on it. Now I want to change bikes, and looking for the BMC Roadmachine 01 series.

In the image below you can see the comparison. I don't know much about the concepts of reach and stack vs. I know that I can get my saddle height on BMC the same as Trek. And I need a longer stem probably.

What do you think, comparing these two bikes looking at the numbers? Could I also get a comfortable fit on BMC?

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
Best educated guess is if you fit that Emonda, the BMC will be a bit too small without a rather long stem, as that is a sizable difference in toptube. If you liked the Emonda, the new one is quite nice (I have the SLR version) and its biggest size (62) is closer to what you are coming out of than the BMC. Émonda SL 6 Disc | Trek Bikes

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,152 Posts
Hmmm. Reach is about the same, but stack is considerably shorter. Your bars will be lower for sure.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
No. Not really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Imagine yourself on your Emonda, now lower the bars 1" and move them towards your knees 1/2". Now imagine a little slower handling, little more stable.
I think it's doable if you don't slam the stem.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Is it slower handling and more stable? How will it handle w the sharp headtube angle and bigger rake fork compared to the trek? Will handling be the same as the sharper headtube and less rake fork?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts