Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your opinions of this wheelset (Mavic Cosmic Pro clinchers) working with a 200lb rider. Can I use them for training or just for race day? I am mainly worried about the spoke count. All feedback is welcomed. Especially if you have used these wheels let me know your experiences.

stalter

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've been riding a pair of Cosmic Pro tubulars for about 10 years now, and believe it or not, I still haven't even trued them (I'd remember that, would have had to unglue the tires to do it). They've been used for mostly recreational riding, but I did let a friend borrow them for Fitchburg and I even did a season of cross races on them. I also weigh 200 lbs. Durability should not be a concern.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

epic said:
I've been riding a pair of Cosmic Pro tubulars for about 10 years now, and believe it or not, I still haven't even trued them (I'd remember that, would have had to unglue the tires to do it). They've been used for mostly recreational riding, but I did let a friend borrow them for Fitchburg and I even did a season of cross races on them. I also weigh 200 lbs. Durability should not be a concern.
Thanks for the feedback. Now I feel a little more at ease! I won these on Ebay with an impulse bid because of the price and I was kind of regretting it until you posted.

Thanks for the link. They look good! Now I have an idea what they look like on a bike. NICE! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.