Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Team Tom's
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno if anyone has noticed but the Williams lineup of carbon wheels has lost some weight. Saw their booth at the HHH ride/race this weekend and noticed their new printed material. The weights were less but the prices the same!!!

The 58 full carbon clincher set is 1624grams and the full carbon clincher 38's are 1463 grams!

This pretty much seals the deal for me. I think the 58's are going to be the best all around wheel for me.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up. I really think this is the route I'm gonna take here soon.

·
Team Tom's
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mtn2RoadConvert said:
That's great news about the 58's as I have had my eye on them as well. Do you know where they were able to shave the weight?
That's a good question. I didn't ask it but the gentleman I was talking to said it's pretty much a new wheel. So the savings could be anywhere I guess.

·
Team Tom's
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tomato said:
Cool. How's the braking on these wheels?
Test Rider did a test of them and said they are the best braking carbon wheels on the market. Williams uses something in their design to improve braking on the braking surface. To me this is another big selling point.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Im sold on the 38 clinchers. Test rider had nothing but good things to say about them. There downfall was weight but not anymore.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I was at the Williams Cycling booth at HHH this weekend as well. Very nice guy to talk with (Keith Williams - I take it the Owner). I tell ya, the quality of the carbon clincher 58 was very good. It was eye opening to see one firsthand. The breaking surface is machined and looked very even and high quality. Everything about that wheel looked good.

I had looked on the website and seen something about 1800 grams. If the 58's are really mid 1600's, then that is a great deal!

·
Registered
406 Posts
natedg200202 said:
I was at the Williams Cycling booth at HHH this weekend as well. Very nice guy to talk with (Keith Williams - I take it the Owner). I tell ya, the quality of the carbon clincher 58 was very good. It was eye opening to see one firsthand. The breaking surface is machined and looked very even and high quality. Everything about that wheel looked good.

I had looked on the website and seen something about 1800 grams. If the 58's are really mid 1600's, then that is a great deal!
I got on here to post the exact same thing. Those wheels looked really sharp at his booth. And great to chat with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts