Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sintesi said:
Product of Mexico. Been around for awhile. Quality is Okay/Decent from what I've heard and read. Definitely not anything to top notch. I have no personal experience just second hand but I think you usually get what you pay for.

these are actually made in taiwan...not mexico by IDEAL who also makes fuji frames and some bianchi i believe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
633 said:
Bikesdirect's (and Cycle Spectrum's) parent company bought the Motobecane and Mercier names and uses them on their own line of pretty decent quality Kenesis-built frames. Didn't buy one myself, but have talked to others who have and they're quite happy with them. Saw recently that they'd started offering Windsor as well. Not sure whether they bought that name or not. I did try e-mail to the contact info on Windsor's web site many months ago when I was looking at getting the most bike for the buck, and never got any info back. There was no other company contact info at all, which made me think the company is now probably nothing more than a nameplate for marketing purposes.
i emailed both bikesdirect and windsor directly regarding the frames and received responses from each. the bikesdirect info was very thorough. i ordered the "trent" and should receive it on thursday...ill post an update then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts