Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeepers, tried to go out NNC'ing and we are having winds of over 25mph sustained and gusts up to 40mph......only rode about 26 miles, headed out 13 miles into the wind, could only sustain 12-14mph......coming home was fun though...:p Rochester is windier than chicago and one of the windier places in North America......

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
physasst said:
Jeepers, tried to go out NNC'ing and we are having winds of over 25mph sustained and gusts up to 40mph......only rode about 26 miles, headed out 13 miles into the wind, could only sustain 12-14mph......coming home was fun though...:p Rochester is windier than chicago and one of the windier places in North America......
I hate the wind. Can deal with cold, rain, snow and even heat but I hate the wind. I'd rather ride uphill.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I detest the wind and it blows here all the time. Guess it's the price I pay for living in the mountains but I sure get sick of it.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
Well, you did almost twice the miles I managed today.

Yesterday and today were gardening days though. Turn the compost, turn the veg bed, uncover the various beds. Sore back, but at least my shoulder held up with only a bit of stiffness.

But yeah, the wind was nasty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts