Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed the cadence adapter on my bike today.

I followed the instructions, but I can't seem to make it work. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
topflightpro said:
I finally installed the cadence adapter on my bike today.

I followed the instructions, but I can't seem to make it work. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?
Hey topflightpro.

My wintech did that a couple of times the 2 yrs I used it. First, try resetting the computer. If that doesn't do the trick, sometimes the magnet doesn't pass close enough to the cadence sensor. I would sometimes use another stonger magnet from the toolbox and use it to "trip" the sensor. Everything would work fine then.

2wheelsport

P.S. I just remembered that sometimes these can be a little tempermental when the batteries start to run a little low. Even if you just bought it recently, it may have been sitting in the lbs's stock for some time. Try replacing the batteries as well.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2wheelsport said:
Hey topflightpro.

My wintech did that a couple of times the 2 yrs I used it. First, try resetting the computer. If that doesn't do the trick, sometimes the magnet doesn't pass close enough to the cadence sensor. I would sometimes use another stonger magnet from the toolbox and use it to "trip" the sensor. Everything would work fine then.

2wheelsport

P.S. I just remembered that sometimes these can be a little tempermental when the batteries start to run a little low. Even if you just bought it recently, it may have been sitting in the lbs's stock for some time. Try replacing the batteries as well.
I'll try that,

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts