Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
canbike
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you all inspired me this winter and I decided to convert an old 1980’s Miyata 10 speed to a SS. It was done on the cheap side of things so it is not as nice as the bikes a lot of you have but I can’t wait to ride it. Once I see if I enjoy it, (which I am sure I will) I think I will buy a better crank set and pedals.

Funny thing is that you explain to people what you are building and they ask you why? I don’t really have an answer for them.

Dave

·
Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
Looks good

Post more pictures and describe the build. There's a lot of creativity and appreciation for creativity on this site.

·
canbike
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KeeponTrekkin said:
Post more pictures and describe the build. There's a lot of creativity and appreciation for creativity on this site.
I didn’t get that creative since I didn’t invest that much money into the project. I got the bike off my father for free. I took all the parts off the frame, cleaned it up and serviced the hubs. I bought new brake cables, bar tape and a bmx ring.

I think the creative stuff will start next winter as I am debating to strip the paint off the frame and repaint it or powder coat. The current paint has some chips in it and lots of scratches. The rims are pretty old and are 27”. I will most likely upgrade those as well. The good thing is the current brakes have good reach so 700c wheels will not be an issue. If I change the wheels then the question becomes do I move from single speed to fixed gear. And as I stated in the original post, I need to invest in some cranks and pedals.

Oh the addiction…..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts